Bending brake lines

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Bending brake lines

Post by FORDification »

Well, I spent the day today in the shop getting started on bending all new brake lines for the '67. Actually got a lot farther than I thought I would...got everything but the right-front corner done. I'd have had that done too but I ran out of brake line. Well, I could have spliced two pieces together to finish it up, but I didn't want a splice in that front line, so I have to go pick up one more chunk of line. However, the lines across the rearend are done, all the way up to the proportioning valve and the left-front corner is done, so I'm actually kinda proud of myself. Double-flaring the lines went flawlessly....but of course I won't really know how I did until I get some fluid in there under pressure. ;)

Here's one pic I took this evening:

I have a bunch of others that will be posted to an updated webpage, probably tomorrow evening.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
crazy larry

re: Bending brake lines

Post by crazy larry »

that looks really nice. By the time your done, you'll not want to drive it for fear of getting it dirty. yeah right.... :roll:

did you use a new proportioning valve?
if so where'd you find it?
Larry

'72 F-250 Kustom 396 c.i.
Fotoes
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

No, the proportioning valve came from a donor truck...it's just sandblasted and painted. I've saved several of this same type from various parted-out trucks in case I ever need another. The guy I got my disc brake front-end from told me that this one was fairly new, that he'd recently replaced it at a cost of something like $250. I haven't checked anywhere else for availability or to see if that price was accurate.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

OK, I've added another project update webpage at http://www.fordification.com/my67-p34.htm which shows what all I was up to yesterday at the shop. I also whipped up a little mini-tutorial on how to double-flare brake lines, posted at the bottom of this page. Take a look and tell me what you think.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
cobraF100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by cobraF100 »

Thanks for that Info.

Looks like a really Nice Job and looks like you knew what you were doing.... :wink:

So when you comeing down so we can get started on mine or while your at it you could just make-up two sets of lines so I'll just have to bolt them on mine.... :hmm:
Chris
Never Forget Our Soldiers
oldschoolrods
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by oldschoolrods »

Must be nice to do it with the truck down to the frame :cuss: