anyone have a truck in brittany blue?

Moderator: FORDification

edmccloughloch

anyone have a truck in brittany blue?

Post by edmccloughloch »

I was looking through the paint chips on this website and came across brittany blue - I looked around online and saw it on a mustang and it looks awesome - wondering if anyone has it on their truck. Right now the debate is between that and the boxwood green.
The Landlord: "Are you guys starting an automobile repair shop out of my house or something?"

"No, these are all our cars."

"The three of you have eleven cars???"
trukcrazy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

re: anyone have a truck in brittany blue?

Post by trukcrazy »

I bet that blue would look very nice on your truck. :D
John, #424
1967 F250 crewcab x 2.
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Quadcab
2008 Challenger SRT8
edmccloughloch

Post by edmccloughloch »

yeah, the brittany blue its going to be. Here's a question though - is it a bad idea to get the interior painted by a different person than the exterior. (Interior will be brittany blue too) Reason i want to do this is - first - because the place I want to have the interior done will do it for half, and - second - because the guy who is doing my exterior won't be able to do it until september - and I was hoping to get my interior done soon since I already ordered all the parts. I figure if they are color matching a factory color that, unless one screws up, they should both be pretty much the same - at least good enough for me - I don't care if they are a little different.
The Landlord: "Are you guys starting an automobile repair shop out of my house or something?"

trukcrazy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by trukcrazy »

I would think with todays color matching, they should be too close to tell any difference. If the interior shop can do the job correctly, I would let them paint it for you. I have not had a vehicle painted by two different people at two different times. I am sure someone else has had that experience. Good luck and make sure you take pictures through the whole process. We like watching as trucks are built. :D :D
John, #424
1967 F250 crewcab x 2.
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Quadcab
2008 Challenger SRT8
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

The guy that painted my truck painted the interior of the cab in his driveway,then trailered it to a spray booth to do the exterior...Did a great job..I wonder if you should have the interior place paint the door jambs as well?...
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

I'd suggest just getting enough paint to do it all, and giving some to each painter, so they both are using product from the same batch.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
edmccloughloch

Post by edmccloughloch »

Yeah the place I want to have the interior done is a Miracle, kind of like a Maaco. There work is actually pretty decent - I just don't trust them for the exterior - since the interior paint always stays nice and shiny pretty much forever anyways - at least I've seen one go dull...

DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

Generally those guys are pretty good a spraying paint.

At least I would find out what type (brand) of paint the guy who is going to do the outside is going to use, and then supply that to the interior guy.

However, where the low budget places usually are deficient is in prep work, making sure it is well cleaned and sanded is at least as important inside, as out, and due to the complexity of the sanding even more time consuming.

I would probably have the same guys do it if it was me, but if not at least have a real good "expectation setting" meeting with whoever you have do it.
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

Ed,are you doing a two-tone or one solid color?...I just picked up a '69 and after checking the paint chip chart it looks like it's Brittany Spears--I mean blue(alright,they're both pretty) over white....It looks like the white is whiter than the Wimbledon white,'tho...Hey,as long as we're talking brittany blue paint and interiors here(See,I can stay on topic),any suggestions on what to do with the top of the inner door panel where the old owner always stuck his arm out the window and wore the paint down to the metal?...
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
edmccloughloch

Post by edmccloughloch »

Joe - I am doing two tone, with Brittany blue on top and inside the cab. Sounds like you probably have the two tone with brittany and pure white - can you please post a picture of your truck so I can get an idea of the color scheme on the truck?

FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

:lol: :lol: I'm sorry to interrupt....but all this talk about doing Brittany on top and inside the cab is cracking me up, I keep thinking of snappy comebacks but then decide I'd better keep 'em to myself. :( :evil:
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

Would you moderaters get your mind outa the gutter?...We're tryin' to talk trucks,here...Now where were we?..Oh,yeah,checkin' out the headlights on Brittany's---oh,wait,...I mean,..keeping abreast of---ummm,ok....Ed,you asked about posting a pitcher of my truck...I'm afraid I'm leaving town manana for a couple of weeks so no can do until then....But it looks like Willowbilly's in his avatar...The roof is pure white,seperated by the rain gutter where it is Brittany(blue),the hood,and everything else above the upper side molding is also blue...Inside the box is all blue,as is the tailgate and interior...Below the side molding is pure white...The door panels are matching blue metal with the black and chrome molding,armrests and dash pad are black :hmm: Carpet is medium blue,and the windows are clear...
edmccloughloch

Post by edmccloughloch »

Yep...that is just about what I am going to do - except i'm not sure whether to go with the wimbledon or pure white down below...and I'm getting light blue ranger door panels...hopefully they will go nice with the blue...

DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

Will it be brittney in the bed...Oh wait sorry, will brittney be in the bed...no I mean will you be doing brittney inthe bed as well....

Oh I give up.... :hmm:
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper