Progress on painting the two-tone green 1971 F250

Moderator: FORDification

ken's1971

Progress on painting the two-tone green 1971 F250

Post by ken's1971 »

Finally, a correctly sized file to post!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ken's1971

Post by ken's1971 »

ken's 1971
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

re: Progress on painting the two-tone green 1971 F250

Post by Joe Kriston »

Looks good,Ken....Is it the lighting or is the upper green a little thin on the bed?....BTW,you don't need those 3/4 dogdish wheelcovers anymore,do you?
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Looking good! So will this truck have the woodgrain or standard side trim?

By the way, were you aware your mirrors are upside down and reversed side-to-side? ;) Not really that big a deal, but if you were to swap them around they'd be straight up and down instead of at an angle, which might give you a little more side vision....and when they're that big, every little bit helps!

It's gonna look sharp when you're done...keep us posted. :D
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
ken's1971

Post by ken's1971 »

The bed only had 2 coats and did'nt turn out as shiny as the place i had time to put 3 coats on. but it will buff out i'm told. Not that i don't i like constructive criticisim but this was my first time whith only i the knowledge i gained from the supply jobber and two books i read. So please don't be too harsh on me :). i really was only looking to keep this thing from disintergrating and look good going down the road. not really looking for somthing as good as betty's rig, wich i say is near perfect. But i was planning on using it for my garbage hauling. so i only spent so much time and money getting her good looking. Its fine for me and will give a good starting point later.

Now i'm in the process of cleaning the trim up with some bug and tar remover. The trim is the standard black and metal look. still got some touch up to do here and there.

I like my dog dishcaps very very well there my favorite part of the whole truck, there even original :) so, sorry i don't want to give them up. I did'nt know my mirrors were upside down but oh well they work well enough:).

How i do i feel now that i got her almost finished. Well i like that it won't turn into a further rust bucket, but i kinda miss the rust bucket look. she's not pretty enough to baby but good enough. i already hauled a load of garbage with it! Only finished painting her 3 days ago, so call me crazy. But don't get me wrong i like the restified perfect rigs too they are nice, just was'nt practical to tear one of those up.

But thank you for all the attention!:)
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

Hey,Ken you did good for a first-timer...Personally,I wouldn't have the nads to embark on painting my own truck...and if I did,I would probably do something simple like refrigerater white or Model "T" black...You got it done and you should be proud...Your story reminds me of a time a couple of years ago when I was at the trash dump unloading roof material and I backed up next to a guy who had a small trailer attached to his '55 Nomad...I asked him why in the heck he was hauling a trash trailer with a Nomad...He said,"Because it's my car,all right?"
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
trukcrazy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by trukcrazy »

Looking good :thup: Are the 72 and 77? LTDs yours also? :D
John, #424
1967 F250 crewcab x 2.
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Quadcab
2008 Challenger SRT8
OLEYELLERTRUCK

Post by OLEYELLERTRUCK »

Looks good to me! Especially for a first timer. I think my 72 had more character before I painted it too. Everyone else says it looks better though, especially the wife!
spartman
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by spartman »

Nice job on the paint.

I hope when or if I try to paint mine I will have as good of results.

BTW what do the LTD's have for motors?

My folks had a 76 LTD that had the 400 in it and well all I can say is it was a blast to have a leg cramp in my left leg and accidentaly mash the footfeet to the floor.
ken's1971

Post by ken's1971 »

thank you all for the compliments:). the 77 ltd is my friends car who let me use his place to paint the pickup. The 72 ltd is mine. About the cars the 77 ltd has a rebuilt 351m in it with a near mint interior and new paint job. my 72 has 429 with the bigger spark plugs only 73,000 on it.
morganater

Post by morganater »

Sick.. looks good on the paint for a first time DIY. I like the color also.

On another note, I noticed my 429 had the small plugs.. what do the big plugs do?
1969 f100 swb ranger 460 - parting out
1968 f100 swb 429 - decking out
94 Jeep I6 Back-up vehicle
reppin' AK
4x4x4crewcab
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 4x4x4crewcab »

Looks real good. I think my first paint job was done using puff cans and the body work with a electric drill. :lol: Oh the good old days You even tackled a two tone. You da man :clap:
Mark
1970 Ford F-250 Crew Cab 4x4 short box
1969 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia
1999 Ford Windstar
1983 Chevrolet Silverado p/u
1990 Lincoln Town Car
1998 Lincoln Town Car
Does your truck need emblems? Check out http://www.onceuponapart.com
cobraF100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by cobraF100 »

Nice Job... :thup:
Chris
Never Forget Our Soldiers
hardtailjohn
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by hardtailjohn »

So what were you complaining about Ken? It looks good to me! The main thing, like was said before, is that YOU did it! That job looks just fine to me! :clap:
John H.
Never trust a grinning idiot holding a big hammer!
spartman
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by spartman »

I know after the 400 went bad after about 300,000 miles we put a 351m in it and it just wasn't the same.