heater cable/control routing

Electrical and Wiring Forum Archives
dotcentral
Preferred User
Preferred User

heater cable/control routing

Post by dotcentral »

Not sure if this belongs here or in the interior section.

Finally got my new heater control panel. Problem is, I can't remember which cables attach where. My body assembly manual skips the heater. Any one have a diagram or a clear photo they can post?
Former owner of 70 LB SportCustom and a 71 SB SportCustom. Looking for a replacement bump!
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: heater cable/control routing

Post by FORDification »

There should only be two cables....The top cable is a long one that that runs out to the water valve in the engine compartment, the bottom one is a shorter cable that hooks up to the flapper valve on your heater box.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
dotcentral
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by dotcentral »

Ive got 3 cables on my '70. One for the temperature, 2 for Off/Heat/Defrost. The replacement panel also has three, think it came out of a '69.
Former owner of 70 LB SportCustom and a 71 SB SportCustom. Looking for a replacement bump!
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

whoops...you're right. There's only two sliders, but one has two cables to it. My mistake. *sheesh* It's getting late, I should be in bed. I don't have my manual here, so someone else will have to chime in.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
dotcentral
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by dotcentral »

Now that there is daylight - I can see where to hook up the temp control lever.

The off/heat/defrost has 2 cables which hook up to two rods on the heater box. Does the cable on the left hook up to the rod on the left, and right cable to right rod? Thought I'd ask before doing the old trial and error.
dotcentral
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by dotcentral »

FWIW, right cable to right heater box rod, Left to left didn't seem to work, so I switched to right to left heater box rod, Left to right. Works so far.

Some how I blew the fuse for the dome light and cigarette lighter doing all this.