Which chew chaw or dip is ur favorite!

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

robroy
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Which chew chaw or dip is ur favorite!

Post by robroy »

Good afternoon Bobby!

Wow that is heinous! Was this a high school aged guy or a much older guy?

The chew I'm addicted to is Trident peppermint gum. I buy boxes of it at Costco and burn through two packs on some days!

EDIT: I should add that I'm by no means vice-free; strong, black coffee is my preferred poison, much to my detriment!

Robroy
BobbyFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by BobbyFord »

robroy wrote:Good afternoon Bobby!

Wow that is heinous! Was this a high school aged guy or a much older guy?

The chew I'm addicted to is Trident peppermint gum. I buy boxes of it at Costco and burn through two packs on some days!

Robroy
Yes, it was in high school :eek: . That's what cured me from chewing. I had only been chewing about a year, this guy had been chewing much longer. He live on a ranch where pretty much everyone chewed.
*Edit* After that I got real smart and started smoking :doh: however, I haven't had a cigarette now in about 15 years...
Last edited by BobbyFord on Tue May 18, 2010 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OldRedFord
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by OldRedFord »

I have always liked Big Red chewing gum.
Tim

1972 F350 flatbed drw c6/390
1967 F600 project truck
jamesrtw

Post by jamesrtw »

BobbyFord wrote: I had only been chewing about a year, this guy had been chewing much longer. He live on a ranch where pretty much everyone chewed.
Yep I'm from a small farm town middle of kansas (600 people - don't laugh) same deal.... everyone started really young. However I didn't start as young as some of my friends.. I remember I had one friend dipping Cope in 5th grade.. I'm not kidding... I don't know how he was able to handle that, cause I'm thinking he could have maybe pulled off Hawken, but copenhagun. Dang!! :eek:
"Yard Built" 72 F100 LWB Custom - Currently: 360V8, C6
Future plans: T18 trans, Detroit Truetrac in rear differential
cdeal28078
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by cdeal28078 »

Chewed RedMan back in HS and after I went to Texas to get married and ended up in the Air Force with her.
Somewhere along the way and I cannot remember I ended up on Skoal Long cut. It got hard to find so I moved to Cope. long cut original.
I don't spit behind machines but back when I was working in the Nuclear plants on 12 hours at a time in a safety related area where you can't even take a drink of water, another crew member that dipped and I would find all kinds of ways to take a dip once in a while. lol I never spit in a place where somebody would come crossed it. It always ended up in the so called clean trash or non-contaminated trash at the end of the day.
clint
71 F100 SportCustom
460 C6. Disc Brake/Power-steering/automatic Swap. 3.00
1986 Bronco 5.0 AOD
codster68

Post by codster68 »

Grizzly winter green here but trying to stop smoking and dont want to totally start chewing again Washingtons tobacco tax hike sucks! Has anyone else tried the marlboro pouches spearmint is my favorite!
Redcap
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Redcap »

Back in the days that I chewed, it was always a plug of Day's Work for me.

That crap in a can is for girls.
R.Smith
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by R.Smith »

Days Work is for girls! Real men chew Apple Jack!

I started with Red Man when I was about 14 and switched to Skoal when I was 17. That's back when there were only 2 choices...Skoal or Copenhagen, and a can cost 48 cents. Now there are 547 choices and it takes ten minutes to get a can because you have to stand at the counter saying "no..back two...no to the left...the green can with the silver lid..." If you ask for "original" Skoal, the counter monkey always says :oh, you mean fine cut". If you ask for fine cut, they say "oh, you mean original"

Why no one has thought to number the slots is beyond me.

My worst Skoal experience was in Air Force basic. Dip was a big no no but, after about 3 weeks I managed to get my hands on some from the PX and hid it in the drop ceiling in the day room. One Sunday I got stuck with "patio" guard duty. The patio was the area under the squadron dorms where smoking was allowed. It was Sunday so, in theory, no TI's were supposed to be around. You can pretty much guess who showed up and what I had to swallow to keep from getting in trouble.

As for price, it's $3.39 at the local Haji-Mart. I was gonna plant some of my own this year and try my hand at curing and making my own leaf but, I procrastinated and now it's too late. Maybe next year.

Got a *&$% load of peppers in though.
FordTruck
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by FordTruck »

As of last night the worst dip in the world as far as flavor and working :lol: is Stokers that stuff is gross!!! But I ran out of money and using a can of Copenhagen a day runs me out of money fast :lol:
"Flyin High On Caffine And Copenhagen" R.I.P Chris LeDoux

60 Mercury Comet
65 Ford Econoline
72 Ford F100 on 79 4x4 SWB frame
77 Ford F250 "lowboy" 4x4
09 Harley Xl1200c
flyboy71
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by flyboy71 »

Big League Chew
-Jeff

1971 F-100 240 straight six, 3 on the tree (parted out)
1972 F-100 302 auto trans, pwr steering, pwr brakes (under construction)
"Things are more like they are now than they ever were before" Dwight Eisenhower
R.Smith
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by R.Smith »

The worst dip in the world is when you find yourself in Norway, out of Skoal and try to make dip with shredded tobacco and apple slices.

Not that I've ever done that. For 3 weeks.

Big League chew? Do they even still make that? My sister actually found a candy store that still sells candy cigarettes. The good kind that have powdered sugar in the sleeve so when you blow, it looks like smoke coming out. I'da thought they'd have executed the guy who invented those by now. Maybe they just exiled him to Norway.

Now, how many of ya'll's grandma's dipped? Mine dipped the fine stuff in the film can. I still remember the smell. "C'mere sugar and give me a kiss...!"

uhhhhhhhhhh.

She died the year my bump rolled off the line. Still have one of her spitoons though. A pretty ceramic job because, even snuff dippin grannies are still ladies!

And how many of you have made a snuff spoon out of a raccoons pecker bone?
papabug71
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by papabug71 »

Copenhagen long cut. Prior to that I did copenhagen black, but they discontinued it in 08.
Matt
1971 F-100 Sport Custom - My grandpaws truck
Been in the family since 10/3/'71 (Brand spankin' new)
Mine since 5/7/'94
302 / 3 speed / 3:25's
--Currently undergoing full frame off resto/mod--
fuzzier1
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by fuzzier1 »

I don't chew but I had two little Ba#$%ds come into my wifes shop a few years back. Went up to see if I could help and then noticed what looked like someone spit on the floor near the wall. Pissed me off but I excused myself from the customer, went got a paper towel to clean it up and when I came back to were I was standing one of the 18-21 year old PUNKS was knealing down. I walked up to him and could see under his knee that was a couple of inches off the floor a big puddle of tobaco juice. Before I went to get the towel it wasn't there. I blew up on the little s#$t, threatened to kick his ass and made him clean the whole frikkin place where he a spit his DISGUSTING habit. If you haven't figured it out I think it SUCKS to chew. Disgusting nasty habit.
f100fordtruck

Post by f100fordtruck »

fuzzier1 wrote:If you haven't figured it out I think it SUCKS to chew. Disgusting nasty habit.
heard that
I'll get it one piece at a time and it wont cost me a dime...
ford4x4fun
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by ford4x4fun »

I have always been a Levi Guy! A buddy of mine and I use to sit around in Iraq and Afghanistan together and talk about our families and problems, over a big Ol' Chaw of Levi! I only chew on certain occasions.
CNR Radio Instructor
US ARMY Retired
1971 Ford F100 4x4 (390)
2015 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.7l