LOST

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

RTG_RACING
Preferred User
Preferred User

LOST

Post by RTG_RACING »

Anyone here watch it? What did you think of the ending? I thought it was the only good way to end it.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: LOST

Post by fordman »

i think that was probably the only real ending they could have given it. although i still think they may have been able to come up with something else if given enough time. i really got into that show alot.
garner67

Post by garner67 »

I thought it was pretty good. It definitely leaves a lot up to your own interpretation. I'll miss that series.
71 F100
Mike
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

you can see the series except fo rthe first part of season 6 at www.hulu.com
i think what upsets me really. is that this is the end of the series. i kind of expected the end to be something like it was. but it could have gone in a different direction kind of.
garner67

Post by garner67 »

I think this says it all...

Lost Cats
71 F100
Mike
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

i seen that. i also watched jimmy kmmel special about it and that helped me through the feelings i had about the ending and the show. http://www.hulu.com/watch/151670/jimmy- ... s-p1-so-i0
quantumleap
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by quantumleap »

i was just stumped.... :hmm: when did they all die? in the plane crash right?
Daniel--67' reg cab black shortbed/fe/4spd/ford 9
390Nut
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 390Nut »

quantumleap wrote:i was just stumped.... :hmm: when did they all die? in the plane crash right?
Yes. The "Island" was basically a test, and each person who died in the crash had to "let go" to move on, each in their own time/way. Least that's how I'm looking at it. :D
i think that was probably the only real ending they could have given it. although i still think they may have been able to come up with something else if given enough time. i really got into that show alot.
Mathew Fox (Jack Sheppard) mentioned in a couple different interviews that he knew how it was going to end before they even started filming. Most everything besides the main characters (and some of the concepts) between the first episode and the last, was written in along the way. The director mentioned alot of things/scenes changed throughout the 6 years, some drastically.
Paul
`69 F100 390 4spd driver
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10251
Dura-Spark II Conversion info at:
http://home.comcast.net/~390nut/Dura-SparkII.htm

Pipes71 did once say, "bumps and bikes.. what a great combo!" :thup:
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

you know i really felt better after i watched the final episode. and then i started to not feel good abotu the show somehow. and after i watched the jimmy kimmel showing. i did feel better about the ending. but i still feel at a lose. because the show isnt on any more. i dotn think anything could ever top this show.
BobbyFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by BobbyFord »

The ending was actually filmed first.
RTG_RACING
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by RTG_RACING »

390Nut wrote:
quantumleap wrote:i was just stumped.... :hmm: when did they all die? in the plane crash right?
Yes. The "Island" was basically a test, and each person who died in the crash had to "let go" to move on, each in their own time/way. Least that's how I'm looking at it. :D
Mathew Fox (Jack Sheppard) mentioned in a couple different interviews that he knew how it was going to end before they even started filming. Most everything besides the main characters (and some of the concepts) between the first episode and the last, was written in along the way. The director mentioned alot of things/scenes changed throughout the 6 years, some drastically.

The island and all that was real. If you remember at the end his dad tells him all the people were dead. Some before him and some long after. And you see him die on the island at the end and the plane flys overhead. Those were the people who died long after. Well thats how I took it.

I miss the show. It was much different that most of the other crap. Like a cross between xfiles and Indiana jones.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

i'm not sure i understood that they died later. but the plane flying over sure does make it seem that way now. i thought that everyoen in the church was dead for sure. however i don't know why linus didnt go in the church. maybe he wasnt ready to move on? and in the jimmy kimmel interview. micheal said he didnt get to go into the church because he was bad. and that maybe his charcter had to stay on the island and stay as a wishper. i will try and watch it again soemtime to maybe get a different view of the end.