Moderator: FORDification

sacramento_ford
Preferred User
Preferred User

NOW VS THEN -=SAD FACTS in america

Post by sacramento_ford »

1. YOU can no longer wave goodbye to you famliy at the terminal at the air port
2. people only say hello cause they boss told them to say hello
3. your kids first job wont be fast food when he turns 16 becasue he doesnt know spanish
4, you will never see 99 cent gas ever again
5. you see the america flag more at car dealerships, store displays, and gas stations more than on people porches
6. the other day, i saw a grandmother visiting her granddaughter at her job to order a pizzia, she didnt know her number
7. full service gas stations has been replaced with get it your dam self.....
8. healthy american breakfast has been replaced with sodas, redbulls ,a coffe, and the girls dont eat fearing weight gain
9. doctors now have to look at a chart to know your first name
10. american flags are still made in other countrys among everything else
OldRedFord
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: NOW VS THEN -=SAD FACTS in america

Post by OldRedFord »

Ill argue with number 8. I swear a woman in my age range that is not either anorexic or overweight is getting hard to come by.

I dont understand number 6, what does a number have to do with it?
Tim

1972 F350 flatbed drw c6/390
1967 F600 project truck
91Bear
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by 91Bear »

11. People in US no longer die of polio
12. Cars routinely get 100,000+ miles on them.
13. Black people no longer have to sit in the balcony or the back of the bus. They can not only vote for, but be the President.
1982 flareside
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 1982 flareside »

I wish for number 4
Jeremy
1971 Ford F250 camper special 360 T18(old model) 4 speed 4.11 gears 2wd with 1969 doghouse soon to be daily driver FRANKENFORD
1982 Ford F150 flareside 300 T18(new model) 4 speed 4.11 gears 4wd Daily driver

Some people say my truck is ugly and all i say is "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
Redcap
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Redcap »

sacramento_ford wrote:1. YOU can no longer wave goodbye to you famliy at the terminal at the air port
2. people only say hello cause they boss told them to say hello
3. your kids first job wont be fast food when he turns 16 becasue he doesnt know spanish
4, you will never see 99 cent gas ever again
5. you see the america flag more at car dealerships, store displays, and gas stations more than on people porches
6. the other day, i saw a grandmother visiting her granddaughter at her job to order a pizzia, she didnt know her number
7. full service gas stations has been replaced with get it your dam self.....
8. healthy american breakfast has been replaced with sodas, redbulls ,a coffe, and the girls dont eat fearing weight gain
9. doctors now have to look at a chart to know your first name
10. american flags are still made in other countrys among everything else
1) BFD.
2) Debatable.
3) Bulls***.
4) Absolutely true, unfortunately...
5) You must live in a place that sucks. I see plenty of American Flags around here on peoples' porches.
6) I don't get it.
7) And the problem with this is...?
8) Guess that one depends on how people are raised. My son and I eat a damn fine, old-fashioned breakfast every day (lunches and dinner too).
9) Only if you are doing it wrong. My doc has been the same since I was born. When I call the office, she knows who it is by the sound of my voice.
10) So buy a good one made right here. The choice, as a consumer, is yours.

Fail rant, 0/10.
mr_josh

Post by mr_josh »

Schools don't stress the importance of proper spelling, grammar, sentence structure, and learning the proper voice for your audience. Americans have zero concept of how their written and oral efforts become the basis on which others judge them. It's not that hard to capitalize a sentence, end it with a punctuation mark, and use basic conventions in order not to look like an illiterate simpleton. THAT, to me, is one of the greatest things that's missing from America: a lack of self-respect that is demonstrated quite clearly in the many things I read every day, from newspapers to my high school students' academic efforts to internet forums.
Josh
---------
'72 F-100 Sport Custom 4x4
averagef250
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by averagef250 »

mr_josh wrote:Schools don't stress the importance of proper spelling, grammar, sentence structure, and learning the proper voice for your audience. Americans have zero concept of how their written and oral efforts become the basis on which others judge them. It's not that hard to capitalize a sentence, end it with a punctuation mark, and use basic conventions in order not to look like an illiterate simpleton. THAT, to me, is one of the greatest things that's missing from America: a lack of self-respect that is demonstrated quite clearly in the many things I read every day, from newspapers to my high school students' academic efforts to internet forums.
Very well put Sir!
1970 F-250 4x4 original Willock swivel frame chassis '93 5.9 Cummins/Getrag/NP205/HP60/D70
70_F100

Post by 70_F100 »

averagef250 wrote:
mr_josh wrote:Schools don't stress the importance of proper spelling, grammar, sentence structure, and learning the proper voice for your audience. Americans have zero concept of how their written and oral efforts become the basis on which others judge them. It's not that hard to capitalize a sentence, end it with a punctuation mark, and use basic conventions in order not to look like an illiterate simpleton. THAT, to me, is one of the greatest things that's missing from America: a lack of self-respect that is demonstrated quite clearly in the many things I read every day, from newspapers to my high school students' academic efforts to internet forums.
Very well put Sir!
:yt:
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something.--Plato
Why is it that there's seldom time to fix it right the first time, but there's always time to fix it right the second time???

That's not an oil leak :nono: That's SWEAT from all that HORSEPOWER!! :thup:
1970FordTK
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 1970FordTK »

That more people care about and vote for that "Idol" show than do for what the leader of the nation and what said leader believes in. :2cents:
OldRedFord
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by OldRedFord »

I feel that trust, and respect for your fellow man is a lot less today then it has been in the past.
Tim

1972 F350 flatbed drw c6/390
1967 F600 project truck
RTG_RACING
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by RTG_RACING »

11 rules

RULE 1
Life is not fair - get used to it.

RULE 2
The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world
will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel
good about yourself.

RULE 3
You will NOT make 40 thousand dollars a year right out
of high school. You won't be a vice president with
car phone, until you earn both.

RULE 4
If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a
boss. He doesn't have tenure.

RULE 5
Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your
grandparents had a different word for burger flipping
they
called it Opportunity.

RULE 6
If you mess up,it's not your parents' fault, so don't
whine about your mistakes, learn from them.

RULE 7
Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as
they are now. They got that way from paying your bills,
cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about
how cool you are. So before you save the rain forest
from the parasites of your parent's generation, try
delousing the closet in your own room.

RULE 8
Your school may have done away with winners and losers,
but life has not. In some schools they have abolished
failing grades and they'll give you as many times as
you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the
slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

RULE 9
Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get
summers off and very few employers are interested in
helping you find yourself. Do that on your own time.

RULE 10
Television is NOT real life. In real life people
actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

RULE 11
Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for
one.
sacramento_ford
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by sacramento_ford »

OldRedFord wrote:Ill argue with number 8. I swear a woman in my age range that is not either anorexic or overweight is getting hard to come by.

I dont understand number 6, what does a number have to do with it?

im i still remeber my grandmothers number and she died in 87, kids these days get caught up in their own lifes
and whats cool and friends, the term family is less and less now days
Old Bird

Post by Old Bird »

Before cell phones were all the rage people would sit down face to face. Now that they have texting people dont even call anymore. Texting twitter facebook email and the like have stopped alot of human to human conversation. Technology has changed and changed the people who use it.
You could say the same about the telephone, telegraph, pony express, printing press . . .

I've grown a very successful business with probably 80% or more of my communications via the internet. This is a personal, professional business. I agree that face to face communications are very important, and are essential in truly building relationships. But there is no reason that in today's society communication via electronics is any less effective as a big percentage of communication. You are still talking to a human, not a machine, and there is still relationship building going on.

Us old folks have a much harder time seeing that than our kids do, but the truth is that it's just a different form of human communications. I need to look for the study that came out recently, but there was a scientific study of kids that use social networking sites and those that don't, and those that do were more well adjusted than those that don't.

It's a new age of communication, but communication is still the same as it always has been.
Timothy

It's for my twin boys, sure they're only 3 right now, but it's all for them! Well, and my twin girls. They're not even 1 yet, but when they are I'll have a pit crew!

Toys:
62 Thunderbird Convertible
68 F250 Ranger 2wd - 390 C6
RTG_RACING
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by RTG_RACING »

Old Bird wrote:
Before cell phones were all the rage people would sit down face to face. Now that they have texting people dont even call anymore. Texting twitter facebook email and the like have stopped alot of human to human conversation. Technology has changed and changed the people who use it.
You could say the same about the telephone, telegraph, pony express, printing press . . .

I've grown a very successful business with probably 80% or more of my communications via the internet. This is a personal, professional business. I agree that face to face communications are very important, and are essential in truly building relationships. But there is no reason that in today's society communication via electronics is any less effective as a big percentage of communication. You are still talking to a human, not a machine, and there is still relationship building going on.

Us old folks have a much harder time seeing that than our kids do, but the truth is that it's just a different form of human communications. I need to look for the study that came out recently, but there was a scientific study of kids that use social networking sites and those that don't, and those that do were more well adjusted than those that don't.

It's a new age of communication, but communication is still the same as it always has been.

I'm only 28 but I grew up on a farm. I remember riding my bike down to my friends house when I wanted to talk. We had a phone but I had no use for it. I am a fiber optics engineer now. Have all the microsoft and cisco certs. So I am greatfull that we use technology as much as we do. Keeps me employed. But I miss the days of getting togeather to have a sitdown. Or just stopping by for a few minutes. Now days I can have a complete coversation with words you wont find in a webster using my thumbs.
Redcap
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Redcap »

RTG_RACING wrote:
Old Bird wrote:

I'm only 28 but I grew up on a farm. I remember riding my bike down to my friends house when I wanted to talk. We had a phone but I had no use for it. I am a fiber optics engineer now. Have all the microsoft and cisco certs. So I am greatfull that we use technology as much as we do. Keeps me employed. But I miss the days of getting togeather to have a sitdown. Or just stopping by for a few minutes. Now days I can have a complete coversation with words you wont find in a webster using my thumbs.
What made you stop having a good ol' sitdown? I still see my close friends every week on Fridays (sometimes Saturdays too) for dinner and some BS'ing. If I'm out and in the vicinity of someone's house I know (and not crunched for time), I drop in and shoot the s***. While I occasionally use text messages, it isn't my preferred method of communication or even one I'll employ often. It is all a matter of priorities.