NOW VS THEN -=SAD FACTS in america

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

sacramento_ford
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: NOW VS THEN -=SAD FACTS in america

Post by sacramento_ford »

i was meraly pointing out things in my era that have changed. a way of life that is turning from innocence to rudeness. convience and lack of courtesty. alot of the things i have mentioned are geografic, some citys may be diverse and some may not be, in my city of sacramento, illegal workers are the norm, a so called min wage super worker, we cant escape politics, it everywhere, its like a big circle of b.s that spins with the equator. maybe im just old fashioned. i feel life now days doesnt fit me, i need to move i guess, little house on the prairie is idea for me
mr_josh

Post by mr_josh »

Little House on the Prairie put a significant emphasis on things like education, helping out one another, accepting people with differences, and changing things so that your children would have a better world. I think that's pretty universal. When they lived in the sod mound in the Laura Ingalls books, they didn't say, "Life is perfect, I hope that our children all live in sod houses." They had high hopes for their children, that the children and grandchildren would have easier, more care-free lives because of the hard work that they put in. That's the underlying theme of Little House on the Prairie, not contempt for the present or future.
Josh
---------
'72 F-100 Sport Custom 4x4
socalcraigster

Post by socalcraigster »

Life is but a dream!
1967 Flareside Shortbed Crew
1969 390 Ranger Long Bed

hotrod ford
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by hotrod ford »

Life is what you make of it and not to let others crush your dreams.
1971 Sport Custom SWB: 360/C6 3.00
1965 Ford Falcon 4Dr: Inline 170 3sp
cdeal28078
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by cdeal28078 »

I have no doubts that things in this country are going downhill. We are no longer considered a great nation by people in other countries as I see it.
Respect for our neighbors has gone away a lot. Maybe we have made life too easy for our kids and maybe our parents made life too easy for us? I served in the military as did my wife. I do open doors for other people and I do say Sir and Mam even though I have been giving dirty looks by several women for doing so. Didn't stop me from holding open the door for the next lady.
Testing and email has taken it's toll on the way we talk to others.
I see a lot of conversations on here and other sites that I KNOW would not happen if they were face to face. For one thing the guy that is usually doing all of the tough talk would probably get a sore mouth in so cases. lol
Politics will always cause arguments the same as religion, Ford versus Chevy, Holley versus Edelbrock.
clint
71 F100 SportCustom
460 C6. Disc Brake/Power-steering/automatic Swap. 3.00
1986 Bronco 5.0 AOD
socalcraigster

Post by socalcraigster »

I would love to expand on some of these points but me thinks the moderator would put a cap in my a$$.

Consider the meaning of the following and apply it to your daily life - A stitch in time may save nine.
1967 Flareside Shortbed Crew
1969 390 Ranger Long Bed

rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

All i Realy know is it always gets worse before it gets better or so it seems. Do to realy poor judgement when i first turned 18 i can't own or even touch a gun if i wnted/needed to so none are here to be taken from me, but they can have my tools and computers and my automobiles especialy the bump when they pry 'em from my could dead hands.

Viva La Automobile!
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com