special order tag

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

thebannister8
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

special order tag

Post by thebannister8 »

i found this hanging from a twist wire on the inside of my door when putting in an anti-rattle kit...the only thing i have noticed about my truck that is different is lettering that used to be on the door...i have no idea if lettering was an option or not...this being on the inside of the door i would think whatever was special had to do with the door...that's just a guess...is anyone familiar with these tags...on the left of the tag are some letters and then 64
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by thebannister8 on Sat May 29, 2010 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: special order tag

Post by fordman »

wierd that it was in the door. 64 is new orleans. so your truck has soem sort of special order parts on it that wasnt a stock item for that truck. what all can you say about the truck? the lettering on the door i am guessing is a company name of some sort?
thebannister8
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by thebannister8 »

the original owners had their names on the door http://fordification.com/forum/viewtopi ... =2&t=40678 ... there's also a second set of old mirror holes in the door...who knows
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

one way to tell wht was upgrded on the truck is to go to the identifing page for your year of truck and look up the base model and then firgure out what extras parts are on the truck that the base or custom part of youre truck didnt come with. that will tell you what may have been part of the special order for the truck.