a bunch of BS for sure

Comments, suggestions or site/forum assistance

Moderator: FORDification

semicrazy46

a bunch of BS for sure

Post by semicrazy46 »

i just clicked on one of the other members photos to look at his truck. i wanted to see a closer look at some mirrors i am going to put on my truck. Here is the BS part. really ticked me off.
when i tried to x out of his photo, it started popping up photo after photo of his trk and would not let me get out, i had to shut my pc down so i could come back here and gripe about it. pretty sad when you go to a site to get info and learn more stuff and someone puts something in thier sytem that will not let you leave. and just takes over your pc. THAT IS BS !
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: a bunch of BS for sure

Post by fordman »

whats the link?
papabug71
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by papabug71 »

You need to be more specific. Were you in a members photobucket account? Were you in the photo gallery? Were you in image shack or what?

I have been here for going on 3 years & I assure you, this is THE cleanest site on the internet as far as bugs go. More than likely your computer is infected.

I've looked at every imaginable page on this site & never had a problem like the one you just described. . .
Matt
1971 F-100 Sport Custom - My grandpaws truck
Been in the family since 10/3/'71 (Brand spankin' new)
Mine since 5/7/'94
302 / 3 speed / 3:25's
--Currently undergoing full frame off resto/mod--
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

We do need more information, please be as specific as possible, exactly what members truck and how did you arrive at the link?

Please PM the information to the group "global moderators" and/or "FORDification" and we will certainly look into it.
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

Look at your "pop-up" blocker settings in your anti-virus software!
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
semicrazy46

Post by semicrazy46 »

papabug71 wrote:You need to be more specific. Were you in a members photobucket account? Were you in the photo gallery? Were you in image shack or what?

I have been here for going on 3 years & I assure you, this is THE cleanest site on the internet as far as bugs go. More than likely your computer is infected.

I've looked at every imaginable page on this site & never had a problem like the one you just described. . .
actually, it was yours. the one under your pic that says see more of my truck. i pulled up your black truck to see your mirrors and when i xed out it took over my pc. kept running pulling up my internet back to your pic, it put 218 mb in my system in about 2 minutes.
semicrazy46

Post by semicrazy46 »

Ok, more specifics, it was on Papabugs71 where it says see more of my truck here. I do have my pop blockers on all the time and virus protection installed in my pc and satelite system. I dont think it was a virus, what ever it was, i know i wont look at the picture anymore. It just made me mad , i had never had anything like that occur here. so it just ticked me off that it did. Dont have a clue why it did it. But from my own experience , when that happens (which it hasnt in a long time) it would have to have been set up to do that.
BobbyFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by BobbyFord »

:hmm: Hmm, I just tried the same thing and nothing of the sort happend to my PC.
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

BobbyFord wrote::hmm: Hmm, I just tried the same thing and nothing of the sort happend to my PC.
Me as well with no problems, I opened several of the pictures in the album as well.

To me it sounds like some sort of adware or other malware (not neccessairly a "virus") and I don't know what antivirus you have installed but you might try scanning with another brand or version, trend micro and norton have online scans IIRC as well as something like spybot S&D or Ad aware wouldn't hurt.

http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/home ... BWGZKMRYLL

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware.php

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

http://www.webroot.com/En_US/consumer.h ... 6f18eefe83
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

photobucket is a piece of junk. i hate using it. it was probably soemthgin withthe photo bucket site that caused the problem. i had to close the browser today because it wouldn't load up no matter what i did to get it to go! i had to open another browser to get into my second account.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

actual i am retring again after being mad the rest of the afternoon and you know what. it is pulling the same $$^%^&^.
papabug71
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by papabug71 »

You think I put a virus on my photobucket account? Thats just silly.

If you have a problem with it, take it up with photobucket. They're the ones hosting my images. FORDification.com has done nothing more than provide a hyperlink to the images.
Matt
1971 F-100 Sport Custom - My grandpaws truck
Been in the family since 10/3/'71 (Brand spankin' new)
Mine since 5/7/'94
302 / 3 speed / 3:25's
--Currently undergoing full frame off resto/mod--
trukcrazy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by trukcrazy »

I just tried it and I was able to X out of it. I think Duckryder is possibly correct, it sounds like some sort of adware or other malware (not neccessairly a "virus"). You should be able to get rid of it with a good thorough scan. I personally like photobucket, it can be viewed on most work computers where some of the other sites are blocked. :thup:
John, #424
1967 F250 crewcab x 2.
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Quadcab
2008 Challenger SRT8
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

well i did finally get into my photbucket account. it only worked after i sent them a email and told them to stop messing with my account. 2 seconds later it started finally working. i love thier popups on the page. right in the space you need to click to upload a picture. what a bunch of )(*&*(^&(^
hazelnut
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by hazelnut »

Just seeing this. I had the same problem a while back, Not with papabugs link but in general with links to photobucket, wouldnt let me leave and would have to shutdown my computer to get out of it. Kept doing it everytime i would try someones link to photobucket, did scans with Norton and would still do the same thing. I stoped going to photobucket because i thought they were bugged LOL. About a month later what ever was doing it stoped and havent had the problem since, This was towards the end of last year and havent had any problems since, I have no idea of why it was happining but as far as i know i never had any bugs, And the computer has been working fine.