This is how Magnaflows are supposed to sound

Post your hosted videos from YouTube, Google, etc.

Moderator: FORDification

Forum rules
Videos are only allowed in the Video Gallery forum....not in a post in any other forum. Videos posted to any other will be immediately moved as needed. One video per thread, please! Nothing allowed of an adult, political or religious nature. For further rules and how-to's, click here.
papabug71
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

This is how Magnaflows are supposed to sound

Post by papabug71 »

SICK. I wish my truck sounded like that with the Magnaflows.

BobbyFord, I bet your 460 will make them rip like that. If you have alot of HP in front of them, they make a "Wooping" sound if you will :thup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A21z-QLW ... l0QFsiHsR0[/video]
Matt
1971 F-100 Sport Custom - My grandpaws truck
Been in the family since 10/3/'71 (Brand spankin' new)
Mine since 5/7/'94
302 / 3 speed / 3:25's
--Currently undergoing full frame off resto/mod--
BobbyFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: This is how Magnaflows are supposed to sound

Post by BobbyFord »

Yup, they do sound good. The sound also depends how much pipe you have after the mufflers and if you are running H or X pipe. I'm planning on the X pipe for performance reasons but it don't have a lot of room with the full-length headers and short bed. I'd like to run all the way out the rear but I'm limited on space because I've got the Mustang tank; there's not a lot of room between the sides of the tank and the rear spring mount and I'm running 3" exhaust. That's part of why I'm pulling the bed off before I go to the exhaust shop, hopefully it'll be easier for the guy to get a few perspectives...
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

man, that thing went away...quick. sounded awesome too.
wanting to buy a mercury tailgate!
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage
Caseys71
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by Caseys71 »

:D, That 'stang sounds mean! I see a pair of Magnaflows in my trucks future :lol:.
Casey
16 years old with a 40 year old truck (well almost)
1971 F-100302, T-18 4 speed, 3:55 rear, & an Edelbrock sticker on the ashtray.
"Don't worry about what you become, just make sure that you're successful at what you do."- Mr. English
"Value what you DO have over that which you don't."- Forrestbump
"Wanting can sometimes be better than having, never stop dreaming... it's what keeps us all going."- Forrestbump
1984 Toyota 4x4: 22-R, 5-speed, 3" suspension lift, 35's and 5:29's
Jarred Hodges
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Jarred Hodges »

nice stang and it sounds good
1971 F-100 swb 401 fe , edelbrock intake, cam, valve covers, longtube headers with twin 2.5 inch exhaust, aluminum wheels.
1965 Mustang 350 glide 7.45 at 90mph
1972 maverick 460 swap in progress
2002 z28 a few bolt ons
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

i have their Flowmaster 40 series knock off on my 72, 390 i have 36" Tips that come straight off the mufflers, and they aren't y'd h or x'd just two single pipes. would i do better with X,H or even Y they angle out just infront of the Rear tires. They do sound pretty bad right now even with the exhuast leak(s).
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com