Side Molding Removal

Moderator: FORDification

bwc302

Side Molding Removal

Post by bwc302 »

Before I go out and tear up some decent side molding, how do you remove the side molding from a cab or bed without prying it off?

Thanks,

Bobby
1970F250
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: Side Molding Removal

Post by 1970F250 »

there are bolts or screws on the ends and the rest should slide off the plastic mounts.mine was already messed up so i just tore it off maybe someone else will know how to better describe how to take it off.
Steve
binder56jd wrote: If you can't dazzle them with diamonds- baffle them with b------t
lobuck76

Post by lobuck76 »

The plastic clips usually fall apart.
'71 F-100
ken's1971

re: Side Molding Removal

Post by ken's1971 »

i have a 71 ranger so i'll tell you what i know, the cab moulding below the rear window comes off by removing the side pieces first then the long strips the ride along the back of the cab slide out instead of coming straight away from the body, if you pull it straight away the clips will bend the trim. On the body side pieces, mine are the big trim pieces nice and wide. The front fenders have 3 sheetmetal nuts that hold them on you can reach under the wheel well and get them. On the door i suggest removing the retaining clips by taking off the sheetmetal nuts on both sides in the door jamb area. The bed is taken off by removing the four screw holding the endcap pieces first. Then if i remember the long bedside piece has to slide to a certain place in the trim that allows you to rotate it upwards off the metal retaining clip, you don't have to slide it far i think you slide it toward the cab if i remember correctly. And on the cab trim below the window you put the long pieces on first by snaping them into place. they are shaped so they go on but don't come off.