3rd Gear Chirp

Post your hosted videos from YouTube, Google, etc.

Moderator: FORDification

Forum rules
Videos are only allowed in the Video Gallery forum....not in a post in any other forum. Videos posted to any other will be immediately moved as needed. One video per thread, please! Nothing allowed of an adult, political or religious nature. For further rules and how-to's, click here.
quantumleap
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: 3rd Gear Chirp

Post by quantumleap »

gonna look real nice with those wheel bro...im jealous of the burnt rubber smell that trails your truck from tire fryin...what speed does your c6 and 3.50 gears top out at roughly?
Daniel--67' reg cab black shortbed/fe/4spd/ford 9
BobbyFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by BobbyFord »

quantumleap wrote:gonna look real nice with those wheel bro...im jealous of the burnt rubber smell that trails your truck from tire fryin...what speed does your c6 and 3.50 gears top out at roughly?
I've always had to lift and never got it to the end of the RPM range. These little tires suck and will probably top out at 120 mph, but it will get there quick. The drag tires are an inch more in diameter and a bit wider so I'll get there quicker with the added width and traction even though I'll be running a slightly larger tire (I hope). We'll see. I know that I have so much torque now that I just disintegrate the tires in 1st gear. I pedal it long enough to get to second gear. I recently raced a newer Mustang from about 25 mph off the light and I had the selector in 2nd gear beacause I was afraid of going up in smoke if I mashed it and it went back into 1st gear, and as soon as I got to about 3200 rpm's I shot past the Mustang like he missed a gear. I really have serious traction issues in first gear.
cozadlance2
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by cozadlance2 »

Damn. That was beautiful. Gave me goose bumps, sound or no. I am respectfully jealous. :woohoo: AND the color is the same as mine. I envisioned myself in the 71. Sweet.
I am an outspoken person. I will not be quiet to make you happy.
sport71
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by sport71 »

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang! Bobby.
3-5 rpms instantly. Great response.
Those who do not learn the lessons of history, are doomed to repeat it.
Hemmi06
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Hemmi06 »

Nice work. I am really glad you are not as white as the scary Avatar you have!!
1971 F250 Camper Special
360cu with RV cam and 4v Carb
BobbyFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by BobbyFord »

Hemmi06 wrote:Nice work. I am really glad you are not as white as the scary Avatar you have!!
:lol: yeah, me too!
cozadlance2
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by cozadlance2 »

so if i may ask... what kinda tires you got on the back? serious meats, yes? all our thoughts on the recent scary stuff for you...

I am hoping one day to get some meaty tires that my truck can USE, and your videos indicate your truck is about the beefiest on the site so i figged u'd know what rubber was good to go with. I am hoping someday for about 400 h.p. on pump gas out of a 390 bumped up from 360 w oil mod/comp/cam/etc...

thx.
BobbyFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by BobbyFord »

cozadlance2 wrote:so if i may ask... what kinda tires you got on the back? serious meats, yes? all our thoughts on the recent scary stuff for you...

I am hoping one day to get some meaty tires that my truck can USE, and your videos indicate your truck is about the beefiest on the site so i figged u'd know what rubber was good to go with. I am hoping someday for about 400 h.p. on pump gas out of a 390 bumped up from 360 w oil mod/comp/cam/etc...

thx.
No meats on the rear yet. 245/60/15's right now and I can roast them at pretty much any speed with a downshift under WOT conditions.
These are going on soon...
cozadlance2
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by cozadlance2 »

Nice machine. Inspiration for me and others. :bow: