Gettin' the interior floorpans stripped down [LG. PICS]

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

mike_68

re: Gettin' the interior floorpans stripped down [LG. PICS]

Post by mike_68 »

"Oh yes, I'll definitely be installing some sound deadener / heat insulator material under the carpet. I've got some stuff that should work just fine."

Where's the best place to buy sound deadener/heat insulator material? I've seen it on some gallery pics, but haven't been able to find it while shopping for parts (maybe cause I don't know what the product is called). I ripped off the firewall cover and rubber mat, and am thinking of putting this down and carpeting most of the way up the firewall. Anyone have luck with this?
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

What you're looking for is called Dynamat. They come in sheets of various sizes and thicknesses and are self-adhesive. Go to Summit Racing's website and do a search for Dynamat, and you'll see 3 pages of results for various kits. Good stuff, though it could get pricey if you're going to try to cover everything inside.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
dablack00
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by dablack00 »

Keith,

Thanks for the thorough explanation. I really appreciate it and all the pics. It is going to really make things easier on me when I start.

Austin
Merc Man

Post by Merc Man »

Its looking great Keith keep up the good work :thup:
Name : Craig
Truck : 1968 Mercury M100 Custom Factory Ordered 360 v8 , Cruise-0-Matic, Camper Special leaf & Spring Package .