QUESTION ABOUT MY POSTING STARS...

Comments, suggestions or site/forum assistance

Moderator: FORDification

lrjetmech

QUESTION ABOUT MY POSTING STARS...

Post by lrjetmech »

I hadn't been on here for quite a while, but I noticed that I had 3 stars before-see here: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... ilit=+star
Now I have 2 stars again-like I originally had here: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... =2&t=21688

No big deal, just wondering if something happened from the time I was originally on and posting a lot during the rebuild time for my '69 F100? Or is it simply a consequence of not being on and posting for a while? No big deal really, was just reminiscing and going back thru my posts for that time period, and notice that my stars had changed from 3 back to 2.

Also, I noticed that the pics on some of my old posts are no longer able to be pulled up when you click on them. I remember when the whole server move thing was going on and I think that is why that is. Is there anyway to restore the pics to the old posts? I still have copies of all the pics I took during that time period, and plan on reposting them to my gallery.

Thanks, and as always, :fr:
Robert
USMC, '83-87
'69 RANGER, Shortbed, 360, Manual, mostly restored already, LOVE IT!!!!!!!
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=11813
1971ford
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: QUESTION ABOUT MY POSTING STARS...

Post by 1971ford »

A long time ago Keith deleted several threads that were totally off topic and super long, and super old that really had no point and were done with. As well as clearing out the "testing area", and a few other thread deletes simply to clear up some room. That's probably where your posts went away.
I know i lost a couple hundred lol

But it's not about the posts its about the content
-Ryan
lrjetmech

Post by lrjetmech »

Kinda figured that was it-no big deal, like I said-just wondering. I'm gonna be posting about my 2 other trucks that I need to be doing something with, so I'm sure I'll be back in the groove in no time! :D
Robert
USMC, '83-87
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

Related to the stars, yes I suspect that is due to the periodic pruning that takes place.

Related to restoring the pictures, were they posted as attachments? The only way to restore them would be to edit the old post.
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
lrjetmech

Post by lrjetmech »

DuckRyder wrote:Related to the stars, yes I suspect that is due to the periodic pruning that takes place.

Related to restoring the pictures, were they posted as attachments? The only way to restore them would be to edit the old post.
Will probably just post the original pics in my gallery, then, unless you think it would be important for people to see the pics on the posts. I guess if people were searching for help and ran across the posts, the pics might be important if they were reading the whole thing.
Robert
USMC, '83-87
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Yes, the difference in post count is simply the necessary pruning that happens from time to time. In fact, the forums are about due for another good fall cleaning session, so it's possible your count might drop a few more in the near future.

Regarding the missing pics...several years ago there was a screw-up when some forum upgrades were made, so many pictures that were attached to threads were lost. If the photos are hosted by a third-part service like Photobucket, then that's out of our control...you'll have to see if those pics are still in your account there and ensure the links haven't changed.

If you decide to edit the original post(s) to restore the missing pics, please make sure they're the same pictures, to avoid confusion. Either that, or just make a follow-up post with links to the new photos.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

I think it depends on the content, I'm also not sure if you can edit post after a certain time period.

I might be willing to fix a relatively small number of post if its a project thread or something of wide interest.
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
lrjetmech

Post by lrjetmech »

DuckRyder wrote:I think it depends on the content, I'm also not sure if you can edit post after a certain time period.

I might be willing to fix a relatively small number of post if its a project thread or something of wide interest.
Definitely not worth all that effort, in my opinion. I am gonna post the old pics in my photo gallery, in case somebody wanted to look at them. Other than that, I'm good.
Robert
USMC, '83-87