Original Paint Colors in a Spray Can

Moderator: FORDification

Chasbod
Preferred User
Preferred User

Original Paint Colors in a Spray Can

Post by Chasbod »

I saw a thread a while back about ordering original color paint from a company in spray cans but can't find it.

Anyone remember where it is or the company?
71 F100 302/3.03 Project Truck Underway
DuckRyder

re: Original Paint Colors in a Spray Can

Post by DuckRyder »

Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
Chasbod
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Chasbod »

thanks!!
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

Remember, those are paint codes for cars.
The paint codes for our trucks are not the same.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
Chasbod
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Chasbod »

Oh yes, now I remember that discussion. I looked at the color chart for 71 and they had the OV codes for Seafoam Green and Mallard Green. Hope to heck those are right.
dcbullet
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: re: Original Paint Colors in a Spray Can

Post by dcbullet »

Chasbod wrote:Oh yes, now I remember that discussion. I looked at the color chart for 71 and they had the OV codes for Seafoam Green and Mallard Green. Hope to heck those are right.
If I were you I would check and see if you can find the color chart for the cars and compare to the truck color chart listed here at this site.

I ordered from them and they sent me the car color for my Code, even through I specified that I had a truck.

They did work it out in the end, at no additional charge to me, and I was satisfied with their service. You can read my review in the Vendor Feedback forum if you are interested.

They had very quick turnaround, also.
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

The Truck colors are there:

After you pick "1972" and "Ford" and hit "OK" you will get a box that says "all models (33)" hit the drop down and select "Trucks (35)"

HTH
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

It looks like the truck colors only go back to 1970...Anybody know if truck colors were the same from year to year?...Like was Tampico yellow in 1969 the same as Tampico yellow in 1972?...Also,how much coverage can you get out of one of their spray cans?...Like if you wanted to paint a hood,any idea how many cans one would need?...
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
dcbullet
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by dcbullet »

Joe Kriston wrote:It looks like the truck colors only go back to 1970...Anybody know if truck colors were the same from year to year?...Like was Tampico yellow in 1969 the same as Tampico yellow in 1972?...Also,how much coverage can you get out of one of their spray cans?...Like if you wanted to paint a hood,any idea how many cans one would need?...
I got my 68 color from them. They can make any color, it's just a matter of getting them to know what color you need. Like I said above, they first sent me the car color "Tahoe Green" which has the same code as "Lunar Green" but are two different colors. They got it right on the second try. But, if like you are asking, the truck colors are the same in 72 as before, that will make it easier.

I painted my hood. You need at least 2 cans. I completely covered the hood with 2 or three coats with 2 cans.

Painting the hood is difficult because you are painting a horizontal surface. If you can, it would be better to take the hood off and lean it against a wall. Mine didn't really turn out all that well (because of my lack of prep and painting experience), so I'm going to give it one more try.
qman

Post by qman »

Any paint store can that sells car paint can mix it up in a can for you. I had a local (Dale's Paint) store mix up a can for my old 87 Volvo. I had to buy a pint of paint and then there was a fee to stick some of it in a can. And I'm pretty sure it didn't cost $25 for a single can.
dcbullet
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by dcbullet »

qman wrote:Any paint store can that sells car paint can mix it up in a can for you. I had a local (Dale's Paint) store mix up a can for my old 87 Volvo. I had to buy a pint of paint and then there was a fee to stick some of it in a can. And I'm pretty sure it didn't cost $25 for a single can.
That's good to know. Do you provide them a paint chip that they match or do they have codes they follow?
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

http://www.fordification.com/images/71l ... tchips.jpg
Welcome to the site! Pop over to the Welcome Mat when you can and tell us about yourself and your truck!
The above link is a sheet of paint chips for your truck.
I don't see anything for metallic silver, but maybe someone else knows.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Are you talking about the paint on the plastic instrument panel? I'm not sure I've ever seen a paint code for that.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!