Brake Warning Light Bezel

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

mike_68

Brake Warning Light Bezel

Post by mike_68 »

I need a bezel for the brake warning light, but the one D Carpenter has doesn't fit mine. I don't even see how I can ever get that bulb out if it blows, it is so tight in there. The DC guy said they may have put different switches in different VINs, or I might just have something weird a previous owner put on.

Please post pics of what yours looks like and any ideas on where I can get a bezel for this (or replacement for the whole dash switch).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
oldhalftons

Post by oldhalftons »

I don't have a pic, but that NOT what the one in my '69 looks like.

It sticks out of the dash.
1969 F100 300/4spd power steering, manual brakes
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: Brake Warning Light Bezel

Post by fordman »

i never payed that thing any attention before but yours look like mine except i have the bezel and red lens intact.
f100ranger1969

re: Brake Warning Light Bezel

Post by f100ranger1969 »

The "cylander" thats around the bulb is of the twist and lock variety and the original bezel and lens was attached to that. Youre gonna need to try and remove the light assembly in order to get the cylander from around the bulb. And yes, it is tight on there. I managed to get a couple from a junkyard a while back and had a tough time getting it loose to remove. I got it from behind I think and just kept twisting till it came off and I cut the wires and removed the whole assembly. The D.C. repro should work but you need to replace the entire bezel and lens plus what locks in over the bulb. As far as I know there were no differences in model years on those warning lights. And, yeah, mine looks identical to yours as my bezel was long lost. Heres a pic of the one I got from the U-Pull-It yard it is MINT and will be used on my '69. Hope this helps you. Jeff
'69 Calif Ranger in PA, 2001 GMC Sierra SL 4x4
-----------
Liar, Lawyer, Mirror show me, Whats the difference?