Stock Interiors-Ebay

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

terry1167
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Stock Interiors-Ebay

Post by terry1167 »

Just wanted to drop a quick note to "vent". After considerable research of quality, type, etc. I ordered a molded carpet for my 72 bump. I ordered it from "Stock Interiors"through Ebay. When I placed the order, I indicated that I wanted to use my "bill me later" account. The Ebay posting shows the "bill me later" paypal logo and indicator so I assume it is applicable. After I submitted my order and clicked on the "bill me later" indicator, it processed the order and indicated that I will get an email from Stock Interiors about arranging for payment???? I emailed the seller and advised that I wanted to use the bill me later option that I selected. After a few email transactions back and forth, the seller indicated that they didn't know what I was talking about. They asked where on the posting it shows the "bill me later" indicator. I advised right on the front page AND during the payment process. They then cancelled my transaction. I emailed them and asked if they could hold the order and I will pay for it in full at the end of the month after I can rearrange my budget. I emailed them with this inquiry twice and now "silence". I find that to be pretty lousy customer service. I did tell them that they need to remove the "bill me later" option if it really isn't viable. Once you commit to pay for it on Ebay, you are kind of committed but then to find out after the fact that they don't accept the option that is indicated is...well, not good to say the least. A lot of wasted time and frustrating. I'm not sure if the "bill me later" option is the seller's fault or Ebay's or paypal's or whatever but it's deceptive if it's not applicable. :x
'72 F250,390,C6,76K Sport Custom, Camper Special "Ole Blu"
'90 F250,460,48K XLT Lariat, Supercab
'88 Lincoln Mark VII LSC, 5.0 H.O.original, was daily driver, now retired
'97 Lincoln Town Car-Cartier,73K, 4.6, fact. dual exhaust,mint/original-Last Big Towncar
'05 GMC Denali XL,6.0 Vortec-for the wife & kids
'02 Cadillac DHS,4.6 Northstar-daily driver
'73 Great Divide 22' travel trailer,restored to original
'79 Mitchell 11' "Challenger XL" cabover camper-restored to original
'88 Lance 11'3" LC 780 cabover-current project
Thunderfoot
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Stock Interiors-Ebay

Post by Thunderfoot »

The "Bill me later" is a Paypal thing not the seller and if you have a Paypal account it is offered there for you to use BUT you have to "sign in" to there terms, it is basically just a credit line with paypal, same as if you were to apply for a credit card. This is something that Ebay and Paypal (same thing as they are owned by Ebay) do in that they stick it on auctions that accept Paypal, there is not really any control for the seller on this (Bill me later) accept to not accept Paypal payments. If you don't agree to the terms with Paypal to accept there credit line for the Bill me later it will go through as a normal Paypal purchase, this is why the seller had no idea what you were talking about. You need to talk with Paypal/Ebay on this issue.

That is the way I understand it, if someone else has better/different info post it.
Shayne
I'm not "Brand Loyal" Ford-Chevy-Dodge-Toyota I have them all, one even cross mixed...
If it Looks good and Works good then it's ok by me. Everything has its issues from time to time...

69 SWB (project) & 69 Highboy (driver/project)
http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa29 ... d%20truck/
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10399
terry1167
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by terry1167 »

Thunderfoot wrote:The "Bill me later" is a Paypal thing not the seller and if you have a Paypal account it is offered there for you to use BUT you have to "sign in" to there terms, it is basically just a credit line with paypal, same as if you were to apply for a credit card. This is something that Ebay and Paypal (same thing as they are owned by Ebay) do in that they stick it on auctions that accept Paypal, there is not really any control for the seller on this (Bill me later) accept to not accept Paypal payments. If you don't agree to the terms with Paypal to accept there credit line for the Bill me later it will go through as a normal Paypal purchase, this is why the seller had no idea what you were talking about. You need to talk with Paypal/Ebay on this issue.

That is the way I understand it, if someone else has better/different info post it.
Thanks for the insight. I wondered about that and I have a paypal account with a bill me later credit account that is in excellent standing so I don't know what happened but how the seller responded just made me dissappointed and frustrated. It seems like Ebay needs to work out the kinks with this option. It seemed like going to a store that has the Visa logo on the door and then telling yhou that they don't accept Visa. :(
'97 Lincoln Town Car-Cartier,73K, 4.6, fact. dual exhaust,mint/original-Last Big Towncar
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

a credit line was the way i understood it also. paypal i thought would pay the seller and then bill you later for the purchase. i dont know i really havent looked into it at all. i refuse to get any more credit. not unless i am buying a house or something.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

Terry,

I too believe that Shayne (TF) is right on this. I had noticed a few days ago where paypal changed my line of credit, (which is actually GE Money Bank) from a "Paypal Buyer Credit" to another term. This without any notice to me whatsoever! :pout: And that when using my "credit" recently I had to choose that option at the Paypal checkout page, (same page that used to give you the option of using Paypal Buyer Credit" as the method of payment. Gotta' love it when any such financial institution changes it's operational options-without notifying it's account holders. :rant:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
terry1167
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by terry1167 »

basketcase0302 wrote:Terry,

I too believe that Shayne (TF) is right on this. I had noticed a few days ago where paypal changed my line of credit, (which is actually GE Money Bank) from a "Paypal Buyer Credit" to another term. This without any notice to me whatsoever! :pout: And that when using my "credit" recently I had to choose that option at the Paypal checkout page, (same page that used to give you the option of using Paypal Buyer Credit" as the method of payment. Gotta' love it when any such financial institution changes it's operational options-without notifying it's account holders. :rant:
Thanks for that info. Good to know. I take pretty good care of my credit and I find surprises to be frustrating. :x Sounds like paypal/Ebay have a few kinks to work out.

Thanks for the input.
White Knight

Post by White Knight »

I just got a custom fitted carpet from Stock Interior for a project I'm doing and the rug fits like "socks on a rooster". I called and explained it doesn't fit and they suggested sending photos to the manager. Of course the photos show it fitting perfectly and or at least, it looks fine. I'll have to have the upholstery shop work on it and they said it's better to send it back and get another.