Heater blower access

Electrical and Wiring Forum Archives
Fordnewbie

Heater blower access

Post by Fordnewbie »

Hello to you all, I'm new to owning a Ford pickup and here's my dilemma. My truck is a 1976 Ford Ranger F150, with A/C. The heater blower stopped working, so I am assuming the motor is bad, as I checked the fuse and it's okay. I bought a Chilton manual for this reason and it's pretty much useless, as it does not describe how to first access the blower, or even explain exactly where it's located, for my specific year. It only tells me how to remove it, and it assumes that I know how to first get to it, but I am not sure where to start. I think the motor is enclosed in the large heater housing to the left in my engine compartment, but it's secured by rivets. Where do I start? Do I remove the dash, go through the glove box, or do I have to drill out the rivets in the housing? I did a search here and there was a similar question but I didn't see an answer as to where is the easiest access, although I did find out that I have to disconnect my A/C lines.

Any information on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: Heater blower access

Post by FORDification »

You might have better results asking at Hawkrod's 1973-1979 Ford Truck Enterprise messageboard. He's very knowledgeable and can probably answer your question more thoroughly, especially since we mainly stick to the '67-'72 trucks here.

Good luck!
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
Fordnewbie

Re: re: Heater blower access

Post by Fordnewbie »

FORDification wrote:You might have better results asking at Hawkrod's 1973-1979 Ford Truck Enterprise messageboard. He's very knowledgeable and can probably answer your question more thoroughly, especially since we mainly stick to the '67-'72 trucks here.

Good luck!
Oops, sorry! *slaps himself on the side of the head* I was referred to this site from a friend and I didn't even bother to notice the "1967-1972" title. My apology. Thanks for the link to the other site, though!
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: Heater blower access

Post by FORDification »

No problem...glad to help! :D
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!