f100 vs silverado

Post your hosted videos from YouTube, Google, etc.

Moderator: FORDification

Forum rules
Videos are only allowed in the Video Gallery forum....not in a post in any other forum. Videos posted to any other will be immediately moved as needed. One video per thread, please! Nothing allowed of an adult, political or religious nature. For further rules and how-to's, click here.
JG F100
Preferred User
Preferred User

f100 vs silverado

Post by JG F100 »

I dont know who this is but it put a smile on my face watching the old ford pull away :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSdDa6qdiKI[/video]
72 F100 - SWB conversion w/05 crown vic IFS, 8.8 rear w/disc, 20s, 360FE w/overdrive
Project Page: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=37897
elgemcdlf
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: f100 vs silverado

Post by elgemcdlf »

Looks like the Silverado was pushing 80+ & the F100 walked away twice. Even had to put on the brakes to let the Chevrolet catch up. The problem with the Chevrolet is the governor. I don't know how much it would help but I seen a workup of a Yukon & when they opened up the governor it did much better. It was limited to 100 mph if I remember correctly.

I watched some more of the Ford vs Chevy pulling on each other. Those folks don't understand what they are doing. Whichever truck has the higher attachment point will win. It is lifting the rear of the opposing truck. To make it an even pull they need to be hooked straight across from each other.
1967AceStroker
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 1967AceStroker »

That put the biggest smile on my face. Thanks for finding and sharing that!
My Project Thread (Not updated in years.)
1967 F-100, Shortbed, 351W - 72mm Single Turbo - Megasquirt MS3x Engine Management, Tremec TKO 500, Ford 9" - Strange Nodular Center Section - Strange 35 Spline Axles - Strange Full Spool - Caltracs - DJM Drop Kit, Crown Vic IFS Swapped - 2 Coils Cut, Power Steering, Power 4 Wheel Disc Brakes, Paint - Kona Blue
BobbyFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by BobbyFord »

The guy in the Chevy is lucky that the guy had a 302. I've had guys pull up to me afterwards and ask, "What the %&*@ is in that thing?!"
CNM67
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by CNM67 »

BobbyFord wrote:The guy in the Chevy is lucky that the guy had a 302. I've had guys pull up to me afterwards and ask, "What the %&*@ is in that thing?!"
And you reply it's just a little 302 dude. As you mash the gas and leave em in the dust. :D
The iron never lies and 200 pounds is always 200 pounds