power steering crown vic

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

Aerocoupe

Re: power steering crown vic

Post by Aerocoupe »

Another option later down the road or if when you install the CV IFS and part of the plan is to get a reman rack then just get one without the EVO solenoid. This is what I ended up doing.
poke em

Post by poke em »

I'm pretty sure the the 09-11 CVPI models had a slower ratio rack with no EVO actuator.
Aerocoupe

Post by Aerocoupe »

They offer reman units without the EVO for 2003-2011.
Aerocoupe

Post by Aerocoupe »

So I completely jumped the gun. I did order the one without the EVO but after inspecting the unit I found that it just came without the solenoid and still has the provision for it so I either have to come up with a mechanical insert or get a solenoid and wire up the Amazon controller.
crazzmc

Post by crazzmc »

poke em wrote:Works perfect. No issues whatsoever. Best $7 part I've ever bought.
Sorry bout the old thread revival but as I just started ordering parts for my cv swap I stumbled upon no videos about power steering. A few hours of research and i finally made it here. So just to confirm you're running the pwm to power steering vaps solenoid? This photo correct?:

Also I heard that P71s /2008+ CVs don't have any vaps system is that true? Still haven't found my ifs yet barely any in the north east at least for a fair price.
Figuring out this whole restoring process with my 68' F100.