brake pedal adjustments

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

hunter01762

brake pedal adjustments

Post by hunter01762 »

How do I adjust the brake pedal on my 69 it feels like I have to raise my foot a good 8 inches off the gas pedal to be able to even touch the brake pedal. It has got power brakes on it now but will be changed over to disc brakes in the spring. Is there an adjustment or is this normal on the truck? :hmm:
Lord, give me the restraint not to cuss over busted knuckles.
Jake11
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

re: brake pedal adjustments

Post by Jake11 »

I would tell you it's normal. My 71 is exactly the same way, and it
came with disk's.

Keith P.
jor
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

re: brake pedal adjustments

Post by jor »

my 67 pedal (77 disks) is about 3" off of the accelerator pedal. I don't think there is any adjustment on this. I was just looking for Keith's tutorial on changing the pedal assembly bushings but can't locate it. There are some good photos of the assembly in that section. Anyhow, here is what the pedals look like.
jor
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

now you can adjust your gas pedal to make it sit level with the brake. but then you'll be putting alot of extra pressure on your pedal and linkage. I went through three sets of these (pedal & linkages).
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
hunter01762

Post by hunter01762 »

Thanks to all you guys for the info. I looked on the truck before I posted this question and could not find an adjustment either, but I was just wanting to make sure I was not missing or over looking it once again great site and thanks for all the info.
Lord, give me the restraint not to cuss over busted knuckles.