1967 f250 4x4 pitman solutions

Questions about 4WDs and related topics

Moderators: FORDification, Doug Comer

svslow

1967 f250 4x4 pitman solutions

Post by svslow »

Hello,

I'm new to these trucks I purchased a 67 250 with a 4 inch lift. The guy before me didn't do anything in regards to the pitman arm. I've been researching for solutions but the only thing I've come up with is either power steering conversion, or fabricating my own arm. I was reading that the later pitman arms are 2 inches longer than the 67 pitman arm, and that they fit on the manual steering box of the 67. That would make up for two inches. This mail order site had a "drop pitman arm" for a 77 and later trucks. would this work? and do you guys have any other ideas? http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-228 ... -f350.html

thank you
1967 f250 6bt Cummins, Dana 60 front, 14 bolt rear, np205 divorced.
1985 Mustang SVO Sage green, big turbo, aluminum big valve head, 03' Cobra IRS.
1986 Mustang SVO medium caynon red metallic, Stock
HighboyHugger

Re: 1967 f250 4x4 pitman solutions

Post by HighboyHugger »

You've probably found a solution by now, but the pitman arm on bronco graveyard is for a steering box that has a vertical pitman shaft, the original highboy steering boxes used a horizontal pitman shaft. And the pitman arm comes out the side of the frame and points down where as the later model boxes the arm is underneath the frame rail and points sideways. The only thing you can do for the original manual bokes is get a stepped drag link, or get a longer arm, but then you wouldnt be able to steer it. The original boxes arent very lift friendly for much over 2 inches