Another Speaker Post

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

72f100

Post by 72f100 »

A couple more questions. What did you use to cut the holes, and how much clearance is there between the headliner and the roof?
Heavenlyfire
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Heavenlyfire »

If you put them just behind the visors, there is enough room for them to clear the roof. As for cutting, it is just cardboard and foam, I used a razor knife. The speakers I used were 4", I wouldn't go any bigger because they get too heavy and might pull down the headliner. If you spend a little more, you can get some really nice 2 - 3" speakers that weigh almost nothing. I think I am going to have to put a support in there, but so far no troubles at all.
72f100

Post by 72f100 »

Well, I'd planned on going with 5.25" speakers, so either I've got to find somewhere else to put them, or I've got to get something smaller to stick them in the headliner.

Where would I get these 3" speakers you speak of? I don't see anything like that at BestBuy, etc.
Heavenlyfire
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Heavenlyfire »

any electronics store should have them in their specialty area. If you want to go with bigger speakers, you might just want to put a crossing support down the middle to keep it from sagging.