favorite actors movies

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

favorite actors movies

Post by fordman »

What are your favorite movies with your favorite actors in them?
Last edited by fordman on Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
jimmy828
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: favorite actors movies

Post by jimmy828 »

to many to name but the one that i remember the most thru my entire life would have to be "The Wizard Of Oz "! That's the one that scared the s**t out of me when i was 8 years old. I promised myself that i would never watch that damm movie again as long as i live. Still today when i close my eyes to go to sleep i can still see that darn soldier monkey floating around in my dreams. Hooray to Dorthy for killing that scary ass witch!! :D
Madman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by Madman »

Usually about the time I start really liking an actor, they start shooting their mouth off about politics, and it fuels my desire to smack the hell out of them.
""Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet."

2017 Ford Raptor
1970 F250 4x4
1948 Willys CJ2A w/ Ford Flathead V-8
1975 Ford Bronco
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

There are way too many also for me. A actor list for me not in order.
John wayne
clint eastwood
lee marvin
Frank sinatra
george kennedy
arnold swartznegger (sp)
that is probably just a partial list for me.

Movies i really like.
hell in the pacific
good bad and the ugly
Dirty dingus mcgee
none but the brave
Paint your wagom
the cowboys
That made me hate bruce dern for quite awhile. Til i reliezed he must have been a great actor to make me feel that way.
Madman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by Madman »

fordman wrote:There are way too many also for me. A actor list for me not in order.
John wayne
clint eastwood
lee marvin
Frank sinatra
george kennedy
arnold swartznegger (sp)
that is probably just a partial list for me.

Movies i really like.
hell in the pacific
good bad and the ugly
Dirty dingus mcgee
none but the brave
Paint your wagom
the cowboys
That made me hate bruce dern for quite awhile. Til i reliezed he must have been a great actor to make me feel that way.
Good point, Fordman....The more seasoned actors weren't in the category that jumped into my mind!
""Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet."

2017 Ford Raptor
1970 F250 4x4
1948 Willys CJ2A w/ Ford Flathead V-8
1975 Ford Bronco
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

Think and post any era or genre of actor or movie.of your choice.
Dave Severson

Post by Dave Severson »

John Wayne in Red River
Retired and lovin' it!!!!!
1972 highboy

Post by 1972 highboy »

tom hanks.saving private ryan-clint eastwood.dirty harry-robert deniro.the deer hunter-al pachino.the godfather-peter fonda-easy rider-
Twisted_Steel

Post by Twisted_Steel »

Tom Hanks and Michael Clarke Duncan in The Green Mile. Instant classic
radioactivelarry

Post by radioactivelarry »

Silent_running.jpg
One of my all time favorite movies is "Silent Running" a 1972 film with Bruce Dern. I saw it at the theater in 72 and was impressed with how futuristic this movie was for 1972. It was 5 years before Star Wars and Silent Running was way ahead of it's time for special effects and the general story plot. With the little robots "Huey Dewy & Louie" performing their chores in the Forrest in outer because all plants on Earth were extinct and specimens were grown in space in geodesic domes. The little robots were easily re-programmed for other tasks like medical emergencies. This is 1972 way before the big computer boom and really high tech for the day. Bruce Dern always played a good crazy or bad guy.
I rescued a cat with 3 little kittens from a sure demise in a flood and ended up keeping the cat family. Named Mama cat Daisy and the 3 kittens, you guessed it, Huey dewy & Louie. Silent Running is a movie you don't see very often on the movie channels. Occasionally it will be shown. Check it on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Running.
the_crazies_poster6.jpg
A more modern movie I like is "The Crazies" a remake in 2010 of a 1973 film with the same name that was a box office flop, The Crazies staring Timothy Olyphant the Sheriff and Joe Anderson his deputy. It takes place in a small town Iowa when a government plane crashes en-route to Texas for incarceration and contaminates the drinking water with "Trixie" a biological virus weapon and when infected the person goes crazy and starts killing people.
Wikipedia here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crazies_(2010_film).
This is a film every conspiracy theorist should see as something like this could happen if it didn't already!
Two Lane Blacktop Poster.jpg
One of the cult movies i like is "Two-Lane Blacktop" starring James Taylor, Dennis Wilson (Beach Boys Drummer), Warren Oats and hitchhiker Laurie Bird. I like this movie for no particular reason as this was a "B-" movie there are some good racing scenes and a lot of burnouts, They tooled around the country in a 55 Chevy Gasser with a 454 and drag raced for money while racing Warren Oats driving a 70 Pontiac GTO from Needles, CA to DC, prize to the winner is a pink slip from the looser. Characters are never identified by name in the movie; instead they are named "The Driver," "The Mechanic," "GTO," and "The Girl". Did they ever make it to DC? Watch the movie and find out.
Wikipedia here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-Lane_Blacktop

See you at the Cinema!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Democracy is two Wolves and a Lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed Lamb.
Ben Franklin.

My Motto: I wish I had less to do, more time to do it in and got paid more for not getting it done.
:drive:
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

I may have seen silent running myself. The scene im thinking about is near the end. 3 astronouts go out to do something either in a dome or to a plant like thing. One of them doesnt like one of the others. And the one that isnt liked loses his air. So the guy whi hated him ended up giving him his helmet. And made the sacrafice to die so the hated one could live.
radioactivelarry

Soylent Green a 1972 SiFi movie with Charlton Heston and Edward G. Robinson's last movie he made. In the year 2022 the world is over populated and food is scarce unless you're rich. People would kill for an apple. The government solved the over population problem by creating Soylent Green with a secret ingredient.
Bet you can't guess what the secret ingredient is but they didn't have to worry about a place to bury the dead! Yea they ground all the dead people up and called it Soylent Green. Don't they do that now with animal feed? Look out for "Mad Cow" don't eat the green stuff..........
Check it out on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green
Soylent_green.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Democracy is two Wolves and a Lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed Lamb.
Ben Franklin.

My Motto: I wish I had less to do, more time to do it in and got paid more for not getting it done.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

It wasnt only dead people. They used loaders to scoop people off the street.
radioactivelarry

It's been so long since I saw that movie I tend to forget some parts. Here is an official trailer on youtube that shows the loaders scooping up live people in the street. Riot control they called it.
The secret of Soylent Green.
Soylent_green.jpg
Ben Franklin.

sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Big Jake
True Grit
John Wayne

The Magnificent Seven
Brynner, Bronson, McQueen, Coburn n others

High Plains Drifter
Pale Rider
Heartbreak Ridge
Kelly's Heroes
Gran Torino
Clint Eastwood

Space Cowboys
Eastwood, Tommy Lee Jones, James Garner, Donald Sutherland
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.