Newer model seat experiences

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

Fordfool

Newer model seat experiences

Post by Fordfool »

Hey guys, I was just wondering what all seats you have used that are not original to our 67-72 pickups. Currently, I don't own a seat at all for my crew , but I do have a set of the brackets to bolt onto whichever seat I end up with. I am trying to decide between either a full bench seat or buckets with center console. For those of you with crews our years, which seats did you use for the rear if not the originals? Thanks!
My Gallery

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

buddy if you go with a newer bench seat may i recomend one with the lumbar support in it. they are really good seats. they help your back when you need it. and they can be deflated when you don't need it with just a push of a button. but i do like the bench seat idea it kind of makes it like a van that way. people can move from front to back easier if they switch seats like kids do.
wildcard
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by wildcard »

Don't know what my seat came out of,PO said it had been recovered. It's a really comfortable seat, but it's just a bit high. Also, it had to be set farther back so the release actually hits the gas tank when you raise it. Can't slide it forward either.(I think my steering column keeps growing out a little farther each day.)
67NC

re: Newer model seat experiences

Post by 67NC »

My Column kept growing too, so I had it shortened, seemed to solve the problem. Then I realized it was my belly....
1970F250
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 1970F250 »

how did i miss this?! i just posted somthing like this today and i didnt even see this! :hmm: oh well. if i think about it too hard on a friday my brain will melt or fall out my nose or something. we should be able to make any seat fit if its the right width. i made the seats i have now fit by making blocks that i could weld them to so now im going to have to grind them out. :roll:
Steve
binder56jd wrote: If you can't dazzle them with diamonds- baffle them with b------t
wildcard
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by wildcard »

The way mine sets up I can't see the top of my speedometer numerals. It's only a fraction of it, but I guess it's just the idea of it. You need to try to check the height if possible.
Sharkdance
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Sharkdance »

When I bought my 70 F250 the PO had already installed 60/40 bench seat from (He said) a Dodge Ram PU.
The cab of the 70 is much wider than the seats so he also installed a center console out of a Mazda Tribute.
Worked out kinda nice. The seats are very comfortable with a flip up center arm rest and the console is nice to put cups, change, CD's and tapes into.
He (the PO) did some bracket manufacturing to make it all fit properly but the seats fold foreward and slide up and back. I think he did a good job.

Here are a few pics if your interested in seeing what it looks like.

I have lots of photo's of the bracketing required to install these seats if your interested plus I currently have them removed from the cab as Im in the middle of a cab swap.
Sharkdance
70 F250 2WD 360/C6
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Hey, definitely post those pics of the brackets used to mount those seats. That would be a cool addition to the Pickup Seats page, just to give others an idea or two for their own custom seat installation. :D
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!