Inside Door handle

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

blue68

Inside Door handle

Post by blue68 »

I just put new exterior handles on my truck, and I put everything back together inside (door panel, trim, handle, window crank, and arm rest.) I sat down in my truck with the door closed, and I tryed to pull on the handle to get out. The door will NOT open from the inside any more. It makes the proper "Click" noise, but nothing happens. Is something not put together right?

My passenger side one works fine, and I've tried re-assembling everything like 15 times. This one's got me confused.

Any help will be MUCH Appreciated.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

take the panel off and check the workings of it the inside should move a rod that goes over and opens the latch itself. maybe a clip poped off or something.
Last edited by fordman on Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blue68

re: Inside Door handle

Post by blue68 »

Hey Fordman, there is a little lever that the door handle pin has to go under. It has to go under, becuause if it goes over, the handle sticks out too far. Here's what I did: I stripped the inner door down, and the only thing that was on there was the handle. No door panels, no arm rests, or anything; just the door handle for me to test to see if it would work before I reassembled everything.

It works every time with the door panel off, but when I put it back on, it never works. Strange, huh? :hmm:

Thanks!
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

if i remeber right the handle has to go in a certain way in order to operate properly. like the tab has to be under or over something to catch on it. i can't remember it s been so long since i had mine apart.
Last edited by fordman on Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blue68

Post by blue68 »

Thanks for the support... I'm about to go give it another try.
blue68

Post by blue68 »

I fixed it. :)
1970F250
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 1970F250 »

:woohoo:
Steve
binder56jd wrote: If you can't dazzle them with diamonds- baffle them with b------t