1969 highboy boxwood green

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

Lone Ranger
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: 1969 highboy boxwood green

Post by Lone Ranger »

Bullitt74 wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:Sorry everyone I've been pretty busy. I spent all winter getting my fire 1 and 2 certs and also my emt license. I recently switched jobs and now am a full time firefighter. I'm still learning a lot but once I get more settled in I should have more time to work on the truck. It's been a lot of work to get to this point but I'm loving my new job!
I don't have any big updates on the truck just been driving it as much as I can and adding things to the list of projects it needs/wants. Still runs and drives like a dream. It drives better than my daily driver now.
Congratulations man! That is exciting!

Just don’t leave any more rattle cans on top of the furnace - the guys at work won’t let you live that down :lol:
Haha yeah it is kinda ironic but you gotta respect fire. Guys called me the human torch for a bit but it's all good lol
I think I'm gonna keep the transfer case stock just cause it's easier. I'm not going to be wheeling so my tcase should be fine. Actually now that it's colder out it's not leaking near as bad. I haven't noticed any issues with it other than the leaking so I'm not sure if I want to rebuild it or just get a new seal kit for 30 bucks. Once winter hits and I'm all caught up with everything else I'm hoping to work on the ole truck again.
1972 f100 4x4 4 inch lift with dump box kit-sold
1969 f250 4x4 highboy in progress.
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=85251
Kyle
jp2005
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by jp2005 »

I enjoyed reading your thread. Very nice work sir!
Thanks JP! Ms. Cordova is a factory 1969 Ford F100 Ranger with a 390, Front disc brakes, Cordova copper orange, behind the seat box
Idaho Chris

Post by Idaho Chris »

Lone Ranger wrote:... Actually now that it's colder out it's not leaking near as bad. I haven't noticed any issues with it other than the leaking so I'm not sure if I want to rebuild it or just get a new seal kit for 30 bucks. Once winter hits and I'm all caught up with everything else I'm hoping to work on the ole truck again.
My transfer case leaked a bit when I got my truck, but the more I drove it the less it leaked. Now after a few months of regular use it is not leaking at all. [no, I didn't just leak out all the fluid. :lol: I recently changed the fluid out and still no leaks] I don't think these old trucks like to just sit. Things break, seals dry out, stuff generally just wears out by sitting...just like a boat!
-Chris
1969 F250 4x4 4spd 300 I6
1973 Mustang Mach 1 351C