C6-Lokar shift kit

Clutch, transmission, rear axle

Moderators: FORDification, 70_F100

sinnedspeedshop

C6-Lokar shift kit

Post by sinnedspeedshop »

I just finished rebuilding my 1975 C6. I picked up a Lokar shift kit and need to install some of the Lokar bracketry prior to installing the C6. The instructions first say to place the C6 into park, but I don't know how to recognize I've placed it into park, or any of the gears for that matter. If someone could give me a crash course on the lever/gear position with the C6 out of the truck?
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: C6-Lokar shift kit

Post by sargentrs »

When you put your truck in park you pull up on the handle which rotates your shift lever up which pulls up on the rod which pulls up on the transmission lever. Pull your transmission lever all the way up. That should be park. You should not be able to turn your yoke by hand in park. Then as you push down you should be able to count off your gears. P, R, N (you should be able to turn the yoke by hand in Neutral), D, 2, L.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
sinnedspeedshop

Re: C6-Lokar shift kit

Post by sinnedspeedshop »

Thank you Sargentrs, I appreciate the tip! My 1st auto trans build, fingers crossed!