67 to 72 Bed patch

Moderator: FORDification

Blue_Streak

67 to 72 Bed patch

Post by Blue_Streak »

Hi all.

ISO bed floor patches. Hoping to find someone that maybe has a rusted out bed floor that might have a good large section or two or maybe someone that has cut some patches out for their own fix and might have some good areas left over.
I've got a bad section along a bed rail. A 16" wide section about 4' long would be ideal but anything to make up that amount would be ok too.

Thanks
Last edited by Blue_Streak on Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
59yblockf100

Re: 67 to 72 Bed patch

Post by 59yblockf100 »

got a picture of were you need a piece,i might have some,
Blue_Streak

Post by Blue_Streak »

Cool. I don't but I will get and then figure out how to post.

Thanks
Blue_Streak

Post by Blue_Streak »

I haven't forgotten about this. I have the photos and have been trying to figure out how to upload them to here.
Blue_Streak

Post by Blue_Streak »

Ok. So I have the photos and created a FLICKR account. If I use the URL button and paste the destination then it gives a link. I tried using the Img and image button but it just comes up blank. So how do I post the image directly into the post?
hdman90
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by hdman90 »

Blue_Streak wrote:Ok. So I have the photos and created a FLICKR account. If I use the URL button and paste the destination then it gives a link. I tried using the Img and image button but it just comes up blank. So how do I post the image directly into the post?
You can do that, or you can resize your photos to 600 x 800 pixels and post them directly. Or if you simply share the URL here we should be able to follow the link to look at them?
Im not sure, I usually just always resize my photos to work with the IMG button.
1969 F-100 LWB 2wd 240 3spd manual
1969 F-250 LWB 4wd 360 4spd manual
1976 F-250 Supercab LWB 2wd 390 4spd manual
Blue_Streak

Post by Blue_Streak »

OK. I guess I'm dumb as a stump.
I've gone thru a few topics and found this
http://fordification.com/forum/viewtopi ... 7&start=75
This is what I'm trying to get. Photos directly on my post. How do I go about getting this? I have the free flickr account and nowhere can I resize. When I try to upload the Img it just comes up as blank. I don't use ANY social media sites. I am trying to avoid a link cause links are a PITA.
I tried to resize them on my computer to reload to flickr and it doesn't have the option in edit to resize. Looks like the original size is 1600x1200

I dunno. :?
Blue_Streak

Post by Blue_Streak »

Ok. I would still love to know how to put photos directly onto my post but for the time being I've created an album so they are now in the gallery.

Sorry everyone for the crap.
hdman90
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by hdman90 »

If your pictures have been already resized to 600x800 or 600x600 for a square photo:
1. Select the "attachments" tab below the text box (next to the options tab)
2. Select the "Add files" button and select the photo you are adding to the post.
3. Let the photo upload and wait for the green checkmark under "status", once the green checkmark is there, you can click the "place inline" button whenever you are to a point where you would like the photo to show up. For instance, I just followed these steps to add a photo here:
Bed Resized.jpg
I always hit enter before and after inserting the photo, just to make things less confusing and keep the text away from the photo.
I hope this helps.

I could cut patches for you out of the bed pictured above, but youd honestly be better off finding someone out west or down south that has a more rust free bed to cut you sections out of. This one isnt bad, but you could probably do better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1969 F-100 LWB 2wd 240 3spd manual
1969 F-250 LWB 4wd 360 4spd manual
1976 F-250 Supercab LWB 2wd 390 4spd manual
Blue_Streak

Post by Blue_Streak »

Great. Thanks for all your help.

So you say that even though your floor isn't too bad that I would be better off finding a much better floor? Is it that rusty?
luke-ao
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by luke-ao »

I have a section I've been saving, what size patches are you looking for?
Blue_Streak

Post by Blue_Streak »

Happy holidays everyone. Hope everyone had a great time.

@luke-ao I am looking for a section about 16" wide by 4' long. I have some cancer along the rear bed support rail.
luke-ao
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by luke-ao »

I do have a nice 16x48" section that would be perfect for repairs, but it has the cross brace right down the middle which I need for repairs on my 71. Some nimrod torched notches in the brace to make room for lowering shackles. I'm not sure the effort to remove the brace and figure out shipping would be worth the effort. :(
Blue_Streak

Post by Blue_Streak »

Thank you. Do you have any other similar sections that are good without the support brace?
luke-ao
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by luke-ao »

Nothing that wide. I have this left over from sectioning a lb into a sb.
I'm swamped but when I have a chance I'll look crossly as to how much time it would take to remove the brace. The spot welds would need to be drilled out, are you OK with having to fill them? The material is in excellent shape so welding wont be an issue.