390 Block and C6 Transmission

Private parties only. No eBay/Craigslist listings.

Moderator: FORDification

colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

390 Block and C6 Transmission

Post by colnago »

Okay, time for spring cleaning. I have two large items that I know I will never use.

First up is a disassembled 390. The block has been bored 0.030" over. The heads are probably shot; at the very least, they need to be rebuilt with hardened seats. There is one duplicate connecting rod (I think I have two #3 rods), but the duplicate was run with no issues. Everything has been stored outside, except the crank and connecting rods. I actually ran this in my truck before rebuilding another engine, so I guess I can say that it ran when parked! I want it gone, so the first person who shows up with a truck gets it all for the grand asking price of FREE. The catch is that you have to take it all (we'll load the block and 2BBL intake first ;-) ).

The second deal is a C6 transmission. This has the long output shaft. I understand the long shaft and housing can be swapped for a short shaft and housing. I have an extra long housing, but not a short one. I ran this in my truck, too, without any issues, but swapped it out for a rebuilt unit last year, when I swapped engines. As above, anyone who wants it can have it.

I cannot ship anything (the trucking company in town closed their doors a few years ago). I live out in the sticks (Ridgecrest, CA 93555), so this is probably best suited for my SoCal brethren. If you are interested, text me at 760-554-0874 (best), or e-mail me at hansen-nps@verizon.net (second best). Let me know. If I have no takers, they go to my local machinist.

Joseph
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.
colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: 390 Block and C6 Transmission

Post by colnago »

Just an FYI to everyone, the C6 found a new home, but I still have the engine block and add-ons.

Joseph
"Sugar", my 1967 Ford F250 2WD Camper Special, 352FE, Ford iron "T" Intake with 1405 Edelbrock, Duraspark II Ignition, C6 transmission, front disc brake conversion.
colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by colnago »

Another FYI, I've decided to keep my truck, so I'll be using the (free) crankshaft and (free) connecting rods, and turn my 352 into a 390. If anyone wants any of the remaining pieces, let me know. At this point, I will part the engine out. You pay shipping, and you can have it (if still available). The block, head, and 2BBL iron intake are probably going to the great parts heaven in the sky, unless someone speaks up fast (I need the engine stand for a 289 project).

Joseph
59yblockf100

Post by 59yblockf100 »

dont you hate when you cant give stuff away free,and have to scrap it, :cry:
colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by colnago »

59yblockf100 wrote:dont you hate when you cant give stuff away free,and have to scrap it, :cry:
Yes. Unfortunately, Mama only puts up with so much stuff in the side yard. I took the block, intake, and heads to the scrap yard yesterday. Made a whopping $17! At least I can pack the rest in a box, and at least the stuff I scrapped isn't anything valuable or unique.

Joseph
59yblockf100

Post by 59yblockf100 »

colnago wrote:
59yblockf100 wrote:dont you hate when you cant give stuff away free,and have to scrap it, :cry:
Yes. Unfortunately, Mama only puts up with so much stuff in the side yard. I took the block, intake, and heads to the scrap yard yesterday. Made a whopping $17! At least I can pack the rest in a box, and at least the stuff I scrapped isn't anything valuable or unique.

Joseph
Dont want to get mama upset,i have the rest of my parts off the 68-72 pickups frames/blacks/intakes i will be scraping next month will try to keep the little stuff,have about 2 acres of what my wife calls junk :lol: ,i think its gold, :D
colnago
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by colnago »

Haha! I know that one! There's mama's treasures, and your junk.

Right now, my new toy has a 289. I cleaned up the crank this weekend, and stood it next to my 390 crank in the garage. It's so cuuuuute! Maybe if I feed it clean motor oil, it will grow up to be as beefy as it's big brother! :lol:

Joseph
59yblockf100

Post by 59yblockf100 »

ya a 289 has such a small stroke,short rods and pistons,