Radio

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

BigAl47

Radio

Post by BigAl47 »

Has anyone installed a retro sound radio in there trucks. If so does someone have photos. Can you still use your original bezel.
Thank You
72 F250 sport custom
idaho_cowboy

Re: Radio

Post by idaho_cowboy »

I installed one in a '68 that we sold to a client in Ohio. (for all intensive purposes the radio install would be the same as yours). Fit's just fine with stock bezel.

It is, however a pricey unit. Most of the features are wired back behind, so it leaves a lot on the table for creativity, though maybe not as user-friendly as the average person might want?

- Joseph
Owner @ bumpsidetreasures
mac6150

Post by mac6150 »

I installed one like the posted picture. Great radio, also put new a new dash speaker in. I think I spent 160 something for the radio, maybe 50 or so for the speaker. It works great. One word of advice, don't get lazy as I did and not secure the wires from the radio. My power wire snagged the wiper arms, which is located right behind the radio and pulled the power wire out. Had to take things apart and reattach the wire. Make sure all wiring is secured so it will not come into contact with that wiper arm. I still have the original AM radio, I don't want to toss it. Just holding on to it in case I decide to go totally retro. Unfortunately decent AM stations are becoming far and few between. I also heard that European Stations are going by the way side. I may not be long before the US follows suit.
DisneysPatB
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by DisneysPatB »

1970 F250 460 C6 - Project - Currently not running.
1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4 x 4 5.9 Magnum -not running.
1999 Toyota Corolla - Daily Driver.

https://fordification.com/forum/app.php ... y/album/43
1968f250429

Post by 1968f250429 »

I'm going to have my original radio converted to am/fm with hands free calls, bluetooth and auxiliary and USB ports and hd radio.

Done using Aurora design boards which are USA made and will be about 735.00. Plus you dont need consistent power for memory. Uses original tuner and push buttons.
Check out YouTube videos for r and b vintage auto radio. This Is the guy I'm going to use.
Here's a link to my finished radio.
https://youtu.be/ffodBA6YpSo