Seat replacement options

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

Lee

Seat replacement options

Post by Lee »

Hi,

So I know this topic has been beat to death..... I know Ford truck seats up to 1996 or so are just about a direct bolt on replacement.

Trouble is,....I regularly haunt the local Craigslist for seats,.... I regularly haunt the local Bone yards.... But never find any seats.

So,.... what other seats (make and model) have you folks installed in our era trucks?

I would love to install buckets with a center console/jump seat.

Thanks,
Lee
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Seat replacement options

Post by sargentrs »

At one point, I put a set of captain's chairs with armrests out of a '79 Dodge van in my truck. I just took 2 steel plates welded to a 4" pipe and drilled holes to match the seat and the floor. Older seats so not very fat. Should've cut the pipe an inch shorter, steering wheel was a little close to my lap. Couple years later, I put the bench seat back in.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
Zorm
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Zorm »

I'm with Lee. I already have a bench seat from a 96 in Ole Blue, thing is, I just found a bench seat from a 2010 F250 in REAL good condition with a cup holder in the flip down center arm rest. Anyone try installing something like this? Thanks
1971 F250 Camper Special, family owned since 1972
1983 Cherokee, last of the big ones, bought in Italy, family owned since 1998
1965 Corvair Corsa Convertible, 140 engine, 4 speed.

HE guides my path, forgives me when I stray and lights my life
pcmdub

Post by pcmdub »

Zorm wrote:I'm with Lee. I already have a bench seat from a 96 in Ole Blue, thing is, I just found a bench seat from a 2010 F250 in REAL good condition with a cup holder in the flip down center arm rest. Anyone try installing something like this? Thanks
Old thread...but yes... 2010 will probably fit but sit too high, just need the original tracks bolted to new seat. They won't line up, so you will need to rebolt the tracks on the 2010. Is the bench the Front or Rear crew cab seat? The rear seat fits better.
Maybe post a pic
Zorm
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Zorm »

Thanks pcmdub. It’s the front seat. So the rear crew cab seats fit better, because it’s lower? Thanks
1971 F250 Camper Special, family owned since 1972
1983 Cherokee, last of the big ones, bought in Italy, family owned since 1998
1965 Corvair Corsa Convertible, 140 engine, 4 speed.

HE guides my path, forgives me when I stray and lights my life