Questions about PM's here(NOT PMS)

General Discussion Topic Archives
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Questions about PM's here(NOT PMS)

Post by Joe Kriston »

This may be in the wrong place,but my email notified me I had a pm from here but my inbox was full...Being the whiz that I am,I deleted all my inboxes instead of the marked ones...So,I guess there is no trash bin in them,either?...Then I tried to send a couple and they didn't show up in my sent box :hmm: ...And I also noticed that when I go from my email notification to here,sometimes I'm automatically logged in and sometimes I'm not....Just wondering whats up....
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: Questions about PM's here(NOT PMS)

Post by FORDification »

1) No, there is no Recycle bin...when you delete your messages, they're gone forever.

2) When you send a PM, it should go into your Outbox first. The PM will sit there until the recipient opens and reads the PM, at which time your copy will be put into your Sentbox. I'm not sure why it didn't go into your Outbox when you sent it, unless the recipient just happened to be on the forums when you sent that, so that he opened and read the PM almost immediately upon your sending it. Does it appear in your Sentbox? If so, then that's what happened.

3) The cookie which holds your log-in normally is deleted when you end your browser session (close your browser). Therefore if your browser stayed open between the time you last logged on and the next time, you'll be logged in automatically since the cookie is still on your computer. Once you close your browser, the cookie gets deleted and you'll have to re-log in upon your next visit.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
Comet
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Comet »

Joe, twice I have deleted all my PMs accidentally too. The button's are located in a weird place and I was too quick both times and lost them twice now.
As for the sent box thing, I haven't looked here, but another forum I am on uses the same software and the default setting is to not save them in your sent box. I think you can set up your user CP to keep them.
That's MR. Jackass to you fellah!