Axle Degree Shims-Where To Get

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

RangerRat

Axle Degree Shims-Where To Get

Post by RangerRat »

I'm looking for a pair of rear axle degree shims for my 72 F100. My springs measure 2 1/4 wide. All the shims I find are either 2.0, 2.5 or 3 inches wide. Anyone know where to get the correct width shims for our trucks?
RangerRat

Re: Axle Degree Shims-Where To Get

Post by RangerRat »

Also do you have to install a longer bolt in the spring pack?
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

You might call Eaton Detroit Spring and/or Landrum Spring (I’d start with Eaton personally)

If you’re only adjusting the pinion angle you should not need longer bolts.
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Summit carries a large selection. https://www.summitracing.com/search/par ... &tw=pinion angle&sw=Pinion Angle Shims
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
RangerRat

Post by RangerRat »

I ordered a set 2.5 inches wide, 4 degree. I hope that will be enough to get the pinion angle corrected. I'll take an 1/8 inch off each side to fit the spring width. Have to wait and see about the longer bolt. I'm afraid It will have to be longer with a spacer on the bottom to go all the way through the shim and spring perch. The challenge right now is gonna be getting the nuts loose on the u bolts. Probably gonna take some heat
TxFireman1972

Post by TxFireman1972 »

RangerRat wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:36 pm I ordered a set 2.5 inches wide, 4 degree. I hope that will be enough to get the pinion angle corrected. I'll take an 1/8 inch off each side to fit the spring width. Have to wait and see about the longer bolt. I'm afraid It will have to be longer with a spacer on the bottom to go all the way through the shim and spring perch. The challenge right now is gonna be getting the nuts loose on the u bolts. Probably gonna take some heat
I know it’s an old post but did the 2.5” wide shims work?