'65 F100 Rear Axle Bearing Retainer Gaskets - Part #? Where to Buy?Rear Axle Bearing Retainer Gaskets?

Clutch, transmission, rear axle

Moderators: FORDification, 70_F100

jlintvet

1965 F100 Rear Axle Bearing Retainer Gasket Part Number Help

Post by jlintvet »

Pulled the axle out this afternoon and have a new bearing and seal but the bearing retainer gaskets are missing. I see 1001 as a reference number in my book but cannot find a part number or modern cross reference to purchase. Any help would be appreciated.
Screenshot 2019-12-01 16.37.41.png
Screenshot 2019-12-01 16.37.41.png
Thank you, Jon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jlintvet

'65 F100 Rear Axle Bearing Retainer Gaskets?

Post by jlintvet »

Pulled the axle out this afternoon and have a new bearing and seal but the bearing retainer gaskets are missing. I see 1001 as a reference number in my book but cannot find a part number or modern cross reference to purchase. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you, Jon
jlintvet

'65 F100 Rear Axle Bearing Retainer Gaskets - Part #? Where to Buy?Rear Axle Bearing Retainer Gaskets?

Post by jlintvet »

Thank you, Jon
cep62
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: '65 F100 Rear Axle Bearing Retainer Gaskets - Part #? Where to Buy?Rear Axle Bearing Retainer Gaskets?

Post by cep62 »

:wel:
Welcome to our site.

I don't recall ever seeing gaskets on the trucks I worked on, the oil seal should be all you need.
If you want you can buy gasket material and cut out your own.
DuckRyder

Re: '65 F100 Rear Axle Bearing Retainer Gaskets - Part #? Where to Buy?Rear Axle Bearing Retainer Gaskets?

Post by DuckRyder »

What axle are we talking about 9”?

FelPro makes them, all the box stores and summit can get them, typically called axle flange gaskets.My advice is don’t follow the application guide, go by dimensions.

Example: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fel-55035

Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
davelj

Post by davelj »

I never use them. If it worries you, smear a thin layer of RTV sealer on it.