Dropped springs vs cutting coil

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

69Fordsky

Dropped springs vs cutting coil

Post by 69Fordsky »

Hey everyone, new member here. 69 f100 LB 360/c6. I currently have a 4” shackle hanger drop shock kit installed. So the front sits slightly nose high on stock coils. I plan on buying the djm dream beams in the future but for now it’s too expensive. I’ve read the explorer springs thread. The PO of my truck gave me brand new 3” dropped springs when I bought the truck and they seem equal length to the explorer springs. I can’t decide if I should cut 1-1.5 coils or try the dropped springs I already have. I understand the camber will be affected. Anyone with pictures of trucks with cut springs or dropped aftermarket springs or explorer springs ?
RangerRat

Re: Dropped springs vs cutting coil

Post by RangerRat »

69Fordsky

Re: Dropped springs vs cutting coil

Post by 69Fordsky »

I have cut plenty of springs on gm vehicles with success. Just wondering if anyone has pictures of their trucks that are lowered with cut coils and how much did they cut and how is their camber?

Last night I actually removed the passenger coil spring and installed the 3” drop spring. My fender height went from 31.5 to 29”. The bump stop is about 1/2” away from the beam. The camber does look affected but honestly not bad at all. I have yet to get the truck out of the garage though. Just rolled it back and forth a few times and bounced the suspension up and down.
My drop springs seem to be very close in length to the explorer springs I have read some people have done.