Crown Vic frame question

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

Zorm
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Crown Vic frame question

Post by Zorm »

I just went through some of the CV frame swap projects on here. So you that have done this, where exactly did you put the front cab mounting point (I see there is a space for it but guys have made plates to cover the CV holes) And once you got the cab mounted, how much wider is the CV frame?

I may have asked this before but I have a 78 Jeep Cherokee Chief with a roof that is rusted through all along the drip rails. I'm thinking of taking it one of two directions.

1) find a Kaiser M715 and swap its body, with modification to the bed, on to the Chief frame

2) Do a CV total frame (drive-train included) swap with the Chief body, minus the roof. I would think if I go that rout, I might need to shorten the CV frame a little bit. Make it a jeep convertible cruiser.

the idea of doing both is tempting but happy wife, happy life :wink: . I also don't have a garage / shop I'm working in :( . I got half a backyard that is concrete slab since the one car garage opening is in the rear of the house. I did build a 2 car carport to work under but the concrete slab is 50 years old and is real rough, really thinking about finding some crawler wheels that are air filled so its easier to roll around :D .

If some one can answer my question above, I was thinking since I have the front sheet metal off the 71 F-250 right now, getting its measurements and measuring the Chief front body mount / frame, could give me a better idea if the CV swap is possible.

thanks folks
1971 F250 Camper Special, family owned since 1972
1983 Cherokee, last of the big ones, bought in Italy, family owned since 1998
1965 Corvair Corsa Convertible, 140 engine, 4 speed.

HE guides my path, forgives me when I stray and lights my life
cep62
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Crown Vic frame question

Post by cep62 »

Zorm wrote: the concrete slab is 50 years old and is real rough, really thinking about finding some crawler wheels that are air filled so its easier to roll around .
I can't help on frame , but here is a crawler (creeper) you might like.

[image]http://bonecreeper.com/products.html[/image]