Door striker bolts

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

NC72crew

Door striker bolts

Post by NC72crew »

Does anyone know where to get new striker bolts for the door latch? I can find them for 73 up and 66 down but not for the bumps. I would like to replace mine with new ones as i have a few that are bad. I can get decent used ones but my OCD kicks in sometimes. :lol:
Words of wisdom. Dont sweat the petty things and dont pet the sweaty things...
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Door striker bolts

Post by basketcase0302 »

"NC72crew"Does anyone know where to get new striker bolts for the door latch? I can find them for 73 up and 66 down but not for the bumps. I would like to replace mine with new ones as i have a few that are bad. I can get decent used ones but my OCD kicks in sometimes. :lol:
Wow...I just searched NPD/MAC's / Dennis Carpenter and LMC with no luck! :eek:
I would've never thought as it seemed like I replace mine in BC #16 with new. I'm thinking that i used a set of dent era instead? :hmm:
Do you have a dent side close to you to measure? And also be advised that you can adjust the strike around 1/4" up/down and sideways to make the door close better most times. :wink:

Also try Green Sales if price is no concern. :D

http://www.greensalescompany.com/
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
dave1972

Re: Door striker bolts

Post by dave1972 »

Part no. 40-2769 from LMC. Yellow dichromate finish and 12 point socket head looks to be about as true to original as possible. I put them on my restoration.