SQL Error

Comments, suggestions or site/forum assistance

Moderator: FORDification

cash667

SQL Error

Post by cash667 »

Hi,
I trie to post a thread in the welcome forum but always get a error notification..
Screenshot (29).png
Whats wrong?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1968 Mercury Cougar 302
1968 Ford F250 Camper Special 429
DuckRyder

Re: SQL Error

Post by DuckRyder »

You’ve made several post.

Unfortunately the SQL error isn’t too uncommon and it does appear to affect new members who need approval but the post do appear for approval (as many times as they are submitted...

I wish I had a better answer for you, but thats all I got.
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
cash667

Post by cash667 »

Hi Robert,

this error also appears when I try to answer an existing post. I´m sorry for the multiple posts but I thought something was wrong with my connection or the website. Didn´t knew that its common when a member ist new - would be better to get a message that my post needs to be approved.

Anyway - how much posts will it need to be not more new?

Thanks
Chris
1968 Mercury Cougar 302
1968 Ford F250 Camper Special 429
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

Hi Chris,

I agree, I actually think the page that’s generating the SQL error is the message that your post will appear when approved, but it’s really only a guess based my experience with other forums.

I only recently learned that this was happening... and you haven’t done anything wrong so no need to apologize.

If I could fix it I would... but I can’t... (I don’t have sufficient access to try to figure it out)

I’m sorry that it’s necessary to have an approval process but right now we’re running about 75 spam post a day so that’s where we’re at new members need approval... the good news is that you have passed the threshold...

Also as a PSA - if anyone’s post does not appear after say 24 hours please send me a private message...

I try to check and approve a couple of times a day, it’s possible something legitimate might get disapproved in the melee..
Robert

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

Ditto. The forum runs on some older software and the databases are huge so you get bumps in the dark as it were. We are probably about due to purge old threads but dealing with spammers and not wanting to upset the data base apple cart has kept me from doing it.
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
Ohiotinkerer
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Ohiotinkerer »

I've been getting this error lately also but it does it when I go from a topic to the main forum page or if I just refresh the page...... :hmm:
"Life is a garden - dig it"........... :thup:

1968 F100 2wd - Rangoon Red - 360 w/T18 - power steering and brakes
1997 Honda CBR 900RR
sparky72

Post by sparky72 »

Ranchero50 wrote:Ditto. The forum runs on some older software and the databases are huge so you get bumps in the dark as it were. We are probably about due to purge old threads but dealing with spammers and not wanting to upset the data base apple cart has kept me from doing it.
As long as robroys threads stick around! Those things are worth their digital weight in gold :)
Taylor
1972 F250 Ranger XLT 2wd / 8100 GVW / 390 / T18 / 3.73 D60
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

Yeah, I really don’t like to prune threads, we’ve already lost some good stuff...

There are a couple different SQL errors, most common is “too many connections” or something along those lines...

Yesterday (i think it was) I got “MySQL not installed” for most of the morning.
Robert

DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

Ummm...

Apparently I managed to ban ATT on accident... so if you’re on att wireless and get a banned message, get on WiFi and send me a PM. I think I fixed it though...
Robert

DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

Test
Robert

DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

OOPS...

Looks like I typo’ed (C&P error) an IP range... <redface> Sorry, I think between me and (mostly) Keith we have fixed... maybe...
Robert