Inner fender seals

Moderator: FORDification

rco630

Inner fender seals

Post by rco630 »

Hey everyone,
Has anyone installed new inner fender seals? I bought a new set and they are the same right and left but the inner fenders have quite different contours from right to left. Do you just cut it and make it work or is there supposed to be a right and left? Any help with this would be great.

Thanks
390FE1972
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: Inner fender seals

Post by 390FE1972 »

I have bought my inner fender seal kits, but haven't got around to installing them yet. Here is a youtube from one of our members that shows him installing the inner fender seals. Hope this helps! Let us know how it works out. https://youtu.be/eAjgZmhcxYg

Regards :thup:
1972 F250 Sports Custom 390 FE C6 2WD Dana 60 4:10 gears
rco630

Post by rco630 »

Thanks for the quick reply. I have seen that video before and the inner fender that is in question is the passenger side which they don’t go into as much detail on. While watching the video there is a point where you can see some big differences between the right and left side.
Raiver

Post by Raiver »

390FE1972 wrote:I have bought my inner fender seal kits, but haven't got around to installing them yet. Here is a youtube from one of our members that shows him installing the inner fender seals. Hope this helps! Let us know how it works out. https://youtu.be/eAjgZmhcxYg

What inner fender seal kit do you got? My buddy might need them for his next '72 project we'll work on right after we finished the installation of the railings, drawtite hitch and brake light wiring on the current trailer project. Lots of good tips on that video.
390FE1972
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 390FE1972 »

I bought my inner fender seals from Dennis Carpenter, they were very good quality.

1972 F250 Sports Custom 390 FE C6 2WD Dana 60 4:10 gears