1985 Ford Bronco

Show us your rides or projects!

Moderator: FORDification

bellamor

1985 Ford Bronco

Post by bellamor »

1985 Ford Bronco.jpg
My dad is turning 60-years old on the 30th so I and my sibling have decided to modify his 1985 Ford Bronco as a surprise. This pick-up has been his favorite vehicle and for him, it holds sentimental value. What are the best upgrades that I should focus on to upgrade the performance of this truck?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: 1985 Ford Bronco

Post by sargentrs »

Being a 60+ Ford man driving an '87 F150, and wishing I had kids like you :thup: :lol: , here's what I would like. I'm not a 4x4 guy, and don't know specifics, but I would want an upgraded suspension with steering stabilizers and sway bars, and if it's in the budget some extra horses under the hood. Also some interior upgrades like seat foam/upholstery and a quality sound system to listen to my classic rock favorites. A/C would be nice but definitely upgrade the cooling system with an aluminum radiator, electric fans and a performance water pump. Upgrade the alternator and battery to handle the extra amps needed. High volume oil pump and good gauges. Nothing worse than driving a vintage truck and having to constantly worry about overheating, oil pressure and charging system. And the stock gauges don't tell you much so a new cluster with some detail in the gauges. Not just cold/hot but 200*, 59 psi oil pressure and charging at 13.45v. Give her a good detail job and make her shine. From the looks of her he doesn't want a trailer queen, he wants a truck to be a truck. So don't worry about making her pretty, make her run and be fun to drive.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
bellamor

Post by bellamor »

sargentrs wrote:Being a 60+ Ford man driving an '87 F150, and wishing I had kids like you :thup: :lol: , here's what I would like. I'm not a 4x4 guy, and don't know specifics, but I would want an upgraded suspension with steering stabilizers and sway bars, and if it's in the budget some extra horses under the hood. Also some interior upgrades like seat foam/upholstery and a quality sound system to listen to my classic rock favorites. A/C would be nice but definitely upgrade the cooling system with an aluminum radiator, electric fans and a performance water pump. Upgrade the alternator and battery to handle the extra amps needed. High volume oil pump and good gauges. Nothing worse than driving a vintage truck and having to constantly worry about overheating, oil pressure and charging system. And the stock gauges don't tell you much so a new cluster with some detail in the gauges. Not just cold/hot but 200*, 59 psi oil pressure and charging at 13.45v. Give her a good detail job and make her shine. From the looks of her he doesn't want a trailer queen, he wants a truck to be a truck. So don't worry about making her pretty, make her run and be fun to drive.
Thank you for the suggestions, my brother just started looking for the auto parts and accessories that we'll need. I am so excited about how it will turn out. I just hope that we'll be able to finish it within 10 days. :hd:
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Be sure and let us know how it turned out!
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.