Outside Door Handles

Moderator: FORDification

FloridaFordGuy

Outside Door Handles

Post by FloridaFordGuy »

Hi all. Looking to replace these on my 1970, but there are a lot of places selling them, the item numbers are all over the place, and so are the prices. I've been fortunate not to have to buy a lot of after market stuff for this truck. I know there's Mac's and LMC, but wanted to ask if anyone has a go-to place for something like this? Also, did any other Ford models use the same handle?

Thanks!
390FE1972
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: Outside Door Handles

Post by 390FE1972 »

I bought my door handles from Dennis Carpenter, they are excellent quality, and would highly recommend them, you have to buy the button separately, but I just plan on using the original buttons. NPD Ford Truck has the Dennis Carpenter parts as well, and they are the same price. NPD is very good about shipping, they get them to you usually within 3 days, Dennis Carpenter takes a little longer, but you have to check the shipping cost between the two companies. I know the 1967-72 Ford trucks have the same handles, but not sure about any other vehicles having the same door handles. I usually shy away from LMC parts if I can.

https://www.dennis-carpenter.com/en/tru ... dle-rh-p65
https://www.dennis-carpenter.com/en/tru ... dle-lh-p65

Regards :drive:
1972 F250 Sports Custom 390 FE C6 2WD Dana 60 4:10 gears
FloridaFordGuy

Post by FloridaFordGuy »

Thanks for the feedback!
dave1972

Post by dave1972 »

What ever you end up with, make sure and wax the chrome. New chrome seems to find rust, especially in humid climates. I'm in PNW.
Jrod70250

Post by Jrod70250 »

Fat fender garage is making aluminum and they look sweet but very pricey.