Another rim/tire question

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

Kashman

Another rim/tire question

Post by Kashman »

This has probably been discussed previously but what the heck... I've searched and looked at imagines but here I am...
I'm looking at swapping my current rim and tire setup. I have a crown vic front end with the original 9 inch in the rear. I want to ditch the adapter and put something with a little deeper dish on the rear 20x10?? Anyone out there have the same issue with the different lug pattern? The rear end is a 9" ford which has a 5 x 5 1/2" bolt pattern so I used a 3" spacer that also converted it to 5 x 4 1/2" bolt pattern so I could use the same wheels front and back. I. Not looking to swap axels or rear ends. Another have a similar setup or input?? Thanks fellas
Kashman

Re: Another rim/tire question

Post by Kashman »

pcmdub

Post by pcmdub »

Nice truck

I think you are in for a challenge. The Crown Vic front uses a "front wheel drive" or more modern negative offset wheel because the front track is wide. Most cast (high production/lower cost) wheels come in either negative or neutral, rarely both in one style. So it is difficult to do without spending for custom 2/3 piece wheels. There are some wheels that will work, but you are limited.

In the rear, you can go to a 10"/11" rim with a 1.25" bolt pattern adapter (thinnest one I have seen that is solid). The backspace would be near 6.5".

Good luck
Kashman

Post by Kashman »

I've been looking all day....
Last edited by Kashman on Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kashman

Post by Kashman »

Thanks for the response! Its looking real slim... :?
pcmdub

Post by pcmdub »

You can always order torq-thrust American Racing rears. They won't match perfectly with your fronts, but they will be super close and with the lip, nobody can really tell. Then just get all four painted the same color or chromed.
Kashman

Post by Kashman »

pcmdub wrote:You can always order torq-thrust American Racing rears. They won't match perfectly with your fronts, but they will be super close and with the lip, nobody can really tell. Then just get all four painted the same color or chromed.
I'm looking all new front and rear. Rocket racing wheels makes a pretty nice mag wheel.. I'll just have to use the spacer/lug adapter.