Cab and Door Gaskets/Seals

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

Ohgoose

Cab and Door Gaskets/Seals

Post by Ohgoose »

I need to know how some of the miscellaneous rubber seals need to be installed in the cab/doors. The specific ones are the emergency brake floor gasket, heater core gaskets and the door hinge gaskets. They are all flat rubber or foam and I assume they just get glued in to place, but wanted to see if that is correct. I have the ford schematics, but they don’t say how they install and all of the original ones were gone. Thanks in advance for the info.

- parking brake gets glued to the floor board?
image3.jpeg
- is there another one that goes on the outside where the cable enters the cab mount?
image1.jpeg
- heater core gaskets get glued to the inside of the firewall?

- door hinge gaskets get glued to the outside of the door jam where the hinge arm goes into the door?
image2.jpeg
- Use 3M adhesive?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pcmdub

Re: Cab and Door Gaskets/Seals

Post by pcmdub »

Parking Break cable has those foam pieces that just snug into the hole of the cab.
Heater core gasket you can glue in between
Door hinge gaskets don't do much but you can glue those to the doors.
The best adhesive is just https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HBI9EQ

Also be sure and order wiper gaskets, seal the firewall at the cowl with seam filler (it will leak at the seam behind the steering wheel and behind the glove box), order steele rubber products door seals (do not use LMC rubber products), and add some Dynamat or similar quality sound proofing to get rid of the noise.

Looks great thou. Green is Boxwood??