68 Buck Tag Location?

Moderator: FORDification

68f100ranger

68 Buck Tag Location?

Post by 68f100ranger »

So i am curious where the buck tag would be located on my 68. Reason im asking is i just ordered a marti report because my color code is blank on the door tag, and i thought that they would be able to find what color my truck was originally painted.

While ive been waiting for it, i was looking over their website, and saw that if ford got a order with a special ordered paint, that they wouldnt have put the color code on the order sheet (i guess due to a limitation to the system they used at the time) or vin tag.

If thats true for my truck then they wont be able to find the original color without more information like a buck tag, build sheet, color chip, etc... Im hoping to find the buck tag and send them a picture of it to aid in finding my original color. My build sheet i can only assume is long gone, as the carpet was gone long before i got the truck. Unless the build sheet got tossed behind the fuel tank, its lost to time and my only other hope is the buck tag.

I am pretty sure it was ordered in highland green. Thats the closest color i can find in fords paint chip catalogs from 67-69 in their truck or car lines. But it would be nice to have formal verification.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: 68 Buck Tag Location?

Post by basketcase0302 »

I found a few small pieces of mine up under the instrument panel/dash.
Have also seen many members here find them under the springs of the bottom section of the seat. :thup:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4