not secure

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

jimmy828
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

not secure

Post by jimmy828 »

When on my PC and come to this site it says in the address bar that the site is "not secure". It has been doing that for the past couple days. Has anyone else notice this on their PC?
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: not secure

Post by basketcase0302 »

"jimmy828"When on my PC and come to this site it says in the address bar that the site is "not secure". It has been doing that for the past couple days. Has anyone else notice this on their PC?
Yes me too, I'll shoot Keith a PM.
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
cumminskiller

Post by cumminskiller »

Same here.
1967 Ford F100 Ranger 2WD Shortbed = Playtoy
2002 Ford F250 Powerstroke 6 speed = Towpig
2017 Ford Fiesta ST = Daily
67mann
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 67mann »

:eek: it's told me that for yr's.... no one's Stole me yet :lol:
I've had enough and I'm not alone
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii304/67mann/
ford4x4fun
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by ford4x4fun »

A secure website will be a HTTPS:// a non secure website will be HTTP://. HTTPS was originally created for websites that deal with financial transactions, but has advanced to a point that most webpages use the secure version. To my knowledge this website has never used HTTPS. A good note would be don't use the same password for this sight that you use for your email, banking or any other important login websites. I have been on this site for years and no one has stolen my information yet! :thup:

Below is a brief description of the differences.

HTTP

Full form of HTTP is Hypertext Transfer Protocol. HTTP offers set of rules and standards which govern how any information can be transmitted on the World Wide Web. HTTP provides standard rules for web browsers & servers to communicate.

HTTP is an application layer network protocol which is built on top of TCP. HTTP uses Hypertext structured text which establishes the logical link between nodes containing text. It is also known as "stateless protocol" as each command is executed separately, without using reference of previous run command.

HTTPS

HTTPS stands for Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure. It is highly advanced and secure version of HTTP. It uses the port no. 443 for Data Communication. It allows the secure transactions by encrypting the entire communication with SSL. It is a combination of SSL/TLS protocol and HTTP. It provides encrypted and secure identification of a network server.

HTTP also allows you to create a secure encrypted connection between the server and the browser. It offers the bi-directional security of Data. This helps you to protect potentially sensitive information from being stolen.
CNR Radio Instructor
US ARMY Retired
1971 Ford F100 4x4 (390)
2015 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.7l