Alignment shop found

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

F-100Ranger

Alignment shop found

Post by F-100Ranger »

Well, after 4 years since I put the tools down, and 17 years since I started my F-100 project, I'm back at it again. I'm mostly trying to remember what I did and where I left off. A good mechanic friend and agreed I swap some carpentry work in exchange for his help and pushing me to finish it. So I was staring at the lowing springs I put on the front end remembering that it shouldn't be too difficult to get the beams bent (back in 2004 it would have been a problem) and picked up my search for a shop. Miracles of miracles - I found one that said they'd bend the beams no problem. Dias Spring in Erie, PA, said they have the tools and can do em and it'd be no problem since he used to do them all the time. Now to find those lowering shocks and drive her up.
67 Austin Healey 3000- resto - subframe rebuilt so far
68 F-100 LB w FE410-in progress frame-off resto
02 Sebring Convertible- for top-down relaxation
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Alignment shop found

Post by basketcase0302 »

="F-100Ranger"Well, after 4 years since I put the tools down, and 17 years since I started my F-100 project, I'm back at it again. I'm mostly trying to remember what I did and where I left off. A good mechanic friend and agreed I swap some carpentry work in exchange for his help and pushing me to finish it. So I was staring at the lowing springs I put on the front end remembering that it shouldn't be too difficult to get the beams bent (back in 2004 it would have been a problem) and picked up my search for a shop. Miracles of miracles - I found one that said they'd bend the beams no problem. Dias Spring in Erie, PA, said they have the tools and can do em and it'd be no problem since he used to do them all the time. Now to find those lowering shocks and drive her up.
Does he actually have a frame rack and the ability to cold bend the beams using hydraulic jacks? :hmm:

https://youtu.be/SMqY5deK8I8
Last edited by basketcase0302 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

double post
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
F-100Ranger

Post by F-100Ranger »

He said he had two sets - with chains and hydraulic jacks. I don't know enough about the mechanisms to ask, but you're welcome to call him and ask for all of us and post a reply or recommendation. https://www.diasspringerie.com/alignmen ... nsion.html
67 Austin Healey 3000- resto - subframe rebuilt so far
68 F-100 LB w FE410-in progress frame-off resto
02 Sebring Convertible- for top-down relaxation
davelj

Post by davelj »

Just for general info, shops that do medium trucks can usually handle light trucks, too. So if your local front end shop doesn't bend beams anymore, ask a dump truck guy who he uses.