Rebuilding our Uncles truck

A place for new members to introduce themselves

Moderator: FORDification

OlBlue

Rebuilding our Uncles truck

Post by OlBlue »

Thanks for the accept to the forum.
We inherited the Uncles 1972 Highboy Last summer. It Isn't really a candidate for a patina truck. Got new fenders and and a radiator core. We already changed out the cab mounts and repaired the floor. It had a couple small holes in the roof got them fixed. We hope to get the doors patched this spring. Maybe the rocker panels before summer. You have to go a little at a time or else it becomes overwhelming. We have been keeping our eyes open for a donor bed around Colorado but no luck yet. If we have to we can repair it, It just takes time. We got the rear axle all cleaned up and the brakes working thanks to this forum. So it made the elk hunt last fall. We don't tend to post a lot unless we discovered something we have not read. We do however read most of what y'all post and appreciate the info. I will figure out pictures and stuff and show you what we are working on. Looking forward to picking your brains when we get stumped.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Rebuilding our Uncles truck

Post by basketcase0302 »

:wel:

Gotta love dem' highboz's, and nice to see the truck stay in the family! Don't rule out a custom flatbed if you can's source a decent bed out West!
I had a shop build mine to spec for BC #16 and tucked a Curt 12K pound gooseneck hidden hitch under the bed/mounted a hoisted down spare tire mount under the bed/removable side rails/headache rack with access into the cab, (think slide in camper) and a dozen other things. :thup:

Jeff
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

If you build a flat bed, don't forget the mud flaps!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ2ZhtMda6c
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
Raiver

Post by Raiver »

Welcome! Looking forward to your build progress.