Gas Filler in Flareside wood bed

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

CreigN

Gas Filler in Flareside wood bed

Post by CreigN »

I've taken advantage of many of the posts here while resto-modding our 1969 F100 Shortbed Flareside and they have been a great help over the last few years. We are getting ready to start with the bed wood and strips and I want to plan for the gas filler that will be located in the rear of the bed to feed the relocated 22 gal. Mustang tank. We have installed an Edelbrock EFI system and the fuel pump and fuel level float are in the tank.

The Mustang tank has the filler neck centered on the tank and oriented to the rear.

I'm looking for any input on alternatives to install the gas filler neck & cap in the wood bed. I've seen pictures online of finished installations but I'm trying to located appropriate solutions that we can purchase and install in our bed.

We could have an access door or mount a solution directly on/in the bed wood, I just want to look into any viable alternatives. Anyone have pics or resources of their installations?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Creig
bluef250
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: Gas Filler in Flareside wood bed

Post by bluef250 »

I need a solution also.

Lots of choices on the internet and what you install depends upon the look you want. Some fabrication will probably be needed.

Keep us appraised on your progress.
CreigN

Re: Gas Filler in Flareside wood bed

Post by CreigN »

Here are a couple of pics of what we are doing now. This is a temporary solution until we get the bed wood and filler location resolved and find the appropriate parts. At the moment, we might be cutting the neck currently mounted on the tank and welding (off of the tank) a threaded neck that will accept a typical gas cap. Then get a "door" and cut it into the bed, something like a billet Bully fuel door cover.

Any suggestions, recommendations, hints or experience from anyone?
Thanks.